My wife and I stayed here for four nights in July 2010, having booked through Trailfinders in the UK as we found this to be the best deal.
The Westin is so well located in Chicago – right between the two main centres of The Loop and River North. Everything that we wanted to see was within walking distance and we didn’t use any transport apart from taxis to and from O’Hare Airport.
Our room was a decent size and the bed was really comfortable, with high class linen. The bathroom, like the bedroom, was modern and spotlessly clean. There was complementary tea and coffee and a flat screen TV.
Check-in was quick and easy, and the staff members were helpful by giving us advice about where to eat and drink in the vicinity. Equally so, the concierge was friendly and informative, particularly about the 4th of July celebrations that coincided with our stay. There are three or four private internet terminals in the lobby but this is a paid service apart from checking in for flights and printing boarding passes, which is complimentary.
We didn’t eat in the hotel as we were out so much, so unfortunately I can’t comment on the bars or restaurants apart from to say that they looked extremely good. Nearby there’s a great spot for breakfast at the junction of Dearborn Street and Kinzie Street called Einstein Brothers Bagels, and directly opposite this is Harry Carey’s Steakhouse where we ate perfect steaks and loved the huge wine list. Both are only two minutes walk from the front door of the hotel. If you’re looking for a fun night out I thoroughly recommend Rockit on Hubbard Street between Dearborn Street and State Street. It’s only three minutes walk from the hotel and is without question one of the liveliest and fun bars in the city, with a superb team of staff.
We both loved Chicago and its people. In particular we really enjoyed a river and Lake Michigan boat tour to see the fantastic downtown architecture and spectacular skyline; going to the viewing deck of the Sears (Willis) Tower; and sampling delicious foods at ‘Taste of Chicago’. We also loved taking ‘arty’ photographs of the Bean at Millennium Park; spending a relaxing 4th July at Navy Pier; and shopping on Michigan Avenue.
I highly recommend The Westin River North, and would definitely stay here again should we be fortunate enough to have the chance to return to Chicago.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel Chicago
- The Westin Chicago River North Hotel
- Westin Chicago River North
- Westin Chicago
- Chicago Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Chicago River North allows guests a chance to experience relaxation and renewal while maintaining access to all of their favorite Chicago activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Westin Chicago River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.