“just a matter of size!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Chicago River North

You added The Westin Chicago River North to your Saves list
The Westin Chicago River North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 N. Dearborn Ave., Chicago, IL 60610 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Toronto, Canada
“just a matter of size!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

the experience was great, altogether.
Check in at 4Am was fast and easy, room was clean and tidy, but really small.
The breakfast lounge was packed, the servers were awesome and the service provided outstanding.
The location is great, the ambiance quite chilled and relaxing.
We moved to the Hyatt Regency afterwards, that was a hot mess!!!how did we miss the Westin!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hello ClaudiaRz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience and we're delighted that you did!

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago!

Bryan W.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
New Paltz, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

From check-in to check-out, it was great throughout my entire stay. The room was clean and nice, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, great location as well. Only thing I can think of is the club lounge is small and snack option is limited.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello blueswing,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and feedback. We truly appreciate the kind words and it was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Fort Collins, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I spent a week here at business meetings. The room just wasn't up to what I expect in a high end business hotel. An accumulation of little things became annoying. The mattress was too soft and I found myself rolling to the middle and waking up with backaches. The light around the mirror was too weak for shaving or putting on makeup. The low flush toilet always required two flushes. There were no plugs on the night stands and only one on the desk, so it was always a problem charging multiple phones, iPad & computer. Our room had three chairs, so at least we could relax, but they faced away from the TV. The staff was always friendly and sharp, but just didn't make up for the sub par room. I know I can get a better room a block south across the river for the same money or better.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello JGrahamK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and the gift of feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that the rooms weren't up to your expectations and that you encountered several issues while staying with us. We will be undergoing renovations in the near future and thanks to feedback from yourself and other guests all of these issues should be resolved with this renovation.

Although the rooms did not meet your expectations I'm delighted to hear that the staff was able to leave a positive impression on you and your visit, even after you'd departed.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. When that time comes please feel free to reach out to me personally so that I may ensure that all aspects of your stay are above your expectations.

Eltville am Rhein, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Westin has modern rooms which are equipped well and clean. The gym is just great for a hotl gym and offers what you need, even if you are used to real weights. The location is walking distance from madison Av and the shopping areas and park. The thing that did NOT convince me was the Exec Lounge. Breakfast good, but the afternoon snacks are just poor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hello UHen1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel's location conducive to your needs. We also truly appreciate the gift of feedback you've given us regarding the afternoon h'ordeuvres so that we may work to improve our offerings and improve our guest's experiences in the Westin Executive Club Lounge.

It's my sincere hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Chicago. When that time comes please feel free to reach out to me personally so that I may ensure your stay is nothing short of exceptional.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

If you are looking for a wonderful location close to the downtown area Westin Chicago River North is the ideal one...

Also if you are a fitness freak and conscious about working out...this is the perfect place.
The travel light and work out program is great as all you have to do is order for a New Balance kit (shoes, shorts,T-shirt and socks) and use it for the rest of the stay.

The Gym trainer Sam has made my stay a pleasure.... He designed a workout schedule (customized for me) for me, was there with me for a couple of training sessions, and of course topped it off with a free protein shake every time. Amazing experience of working with a personal trainer who has surely the knowledge and interest to make your stay a more than satisfying one...

Cheers ... Chicago...

Hello MKGovind,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I'm truly delighted to hear that Sam was able to make such a positive impact on your recent stay. One of our goals as a part of the Westin brand is to ensure that our guests are able to maintain their wellness goals while away from home and Sam, as well as the New Balance gear lending program really enable us to ensure that you're able to.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we'll be welcoming you back the next time you return to Chicago!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

As an elite member of two major hotel families but only a general member of Starwood's frequent guest program, I was delighted and impressed with the top-notch treatment I received from the Westin Chicago River North's staff. In particular, I would like to thank: Michelle (reservations), Francisco (front desk), Sandra (Service express), Eric (IT), and Keith (doorman) who all provided outstanding service. Thank you!

The Westin Chicago River North is located on the northern bank of the Chicago River. It is easy to walk to lots of good restaurants as well as some Chicago attractions and entertainment. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are roomy and comfortable. As of June 2014, construction on the Chicago River has begun...
Hello Sue R,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I'm truly delighted to hear that we were able to make you feel special and that these individuals were able to leave a personal and long lasting memory.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I certainly hope we'll be seeing you again soon!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I'm trying to lose weight, and back home started six months ago with a personal trainer. It's been great because I get the motivation to push harder and am evening out problem areas and weaknesses.

On the road (which I am a lot), it helps to stay at The Westin. The Westin Workout program is the smartest fitness addition to any hotel. When you arrive the hotel lends you workout gear and New Balance sneakers in your size. You buy the socks - the gear is yours to borrow.

Here in Chicago the hotel goes one further. The gym has a full time assistant who is also a personal trainer. Sam just worked out the kinks in my left shoulder on the massage chair (for free). He's going to run me through a one hour personal training session tomorrow morning (also for free).

The offer of a personal trainer and masseuse is "going the extra mile" at The Westin Chicago River North.

Oh - and did I say the hotel is a five star property a short walking distance to all of Chicago's businesses?

But do try the gym. Borrow the gear. And book a personal training session with Sam. Tell him Wally sent you.

Until next time, Chicago!

Room Tip: River views are always nice!
Hello WallyBalloo,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful note and your recent experience with us. We truly appreciate the kind words you've shared and I'm delighted to hear that Sam was able to help you reinvigorate your workout and keep you on the path to your wellness goals.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bryan W.

Been to The Westin Chicago River North? Share your experiences!