“Pretty nice place, good location, room could use updating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Chicago River North

You added The Westin Chicago River North to your Saves list
The Westin Chicago River North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 N. Dearborn Ave., Chicago, IL 60610 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
NYC
“Pretty nice place, good location, room could use updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was here for under 12 hours on a quick business trip... the room was fine - not worn but nothing special either. The TV was updated - flat screen etc. There was free coffee in the lobby and a car service that took me to the airport for a price a bit over a taxi. I will definitely stay here again since I'm an SPG loyalist!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Peter S, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear MeINYCer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Westin Chicago River North. I’m sorry to hear your stay was so short, but glad you will stay with us again. We truly do appreciate the loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts and look forward to your next visit.

Be Well,

Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights for a college sporting event. We were upgraded as well as agree with MKS001 on the room. The location is great and the staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The river view rooms are spacious, comfortable with a beautiful view of the river.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sharon G,

I was so happy to read your review of The Westin Chicago River North. It truly was our pleasure to have you as a guest. We will be sure to celebrate your comments with the team and thank you for the feedback. I’m delighted to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and appreciate the recommendation. We look forward to your next visit.

Be Well,

Peter
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Really nice hotel. I would feel comfortable picking any westin and not be disappointed. The Chicago river north hotel is really pretty, nice size room, clean, comfortable bed, attentive staff, great location, etc. I went with a friend who is westin loyalty member ( whatever it's called) and they really treat their loyal members well! I would come again as westin is a reliable upscale hotel establishment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband had a conference at the Westin Chicago River North, so we stayed there for 3 nights. It was a very nice hotel. The staff was courteous, interesting decor, comfortable room, quiet hotel, and nice lobby. It is about a 20 minute walk to the shopping on Michigan Ave., but the location of the hotel was within walking distance of many restaurants and things to do in the evening. We had a city view in our room, which was very nice with all the Christmas lights on the street. The conference rooms were adequate and comfortable. All in all, it was a very nice hotel and we would stay there again.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a short 2 night stay for pleasure and we had a city view room. We were upgraded to a deluxe room which featured a chair as well as a chase and a lot of space and we loved the floor to ceiling windows. We didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't speak on that but the floors for the preferred guests was a nice touch. I appreciate the quick check out the bill was underneath our door the night before. The location was incredibly convenient to everything it was a quick six minute walk from the blue line train we took the blue line which was $2.25 directly from O'Hare so it was just an incredibly convenient location. All in all a great stay at the Westin and we would definitely come back when we visit Chicago again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have never been to Chicago before this stay, and I know I'll be back! The room was FABULOUS! I had a room on a higher floor looking out towards the river, and it was gorgeous.
The only letdown was the food. As I was there on business, a lot of which had me up in my room on web calls, I ordered a lot of in room dining and I found it was a little overpriced for the quality. The service was prompt and always with a smile, but I found the food was sub par.
Everyone at the desk was BEYOND lovely and helpful! James on the bell desk was a delight! Always taking time to say hello and ask about my stay.
Overall I will definitely be back, and I have already recommended this hotel to my clients!

Room Tip: If you want a lot of room, choose a higher floor, number xx24!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I mistakenly made a reservation at The Westin River North instead of The Westin Michigan Ave that I always stay in and LOVE! I didn't cancel my reservation. The corporate office negotiated with The Westin River North and reimbursed me for the no show fee I had incurred. I'm a loyal Westin customer and this action of kindness only reinforces my loyalty! A big shout out to Jeremy in the The Westin corporate office!!! And the manager at The Westin River North!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business