“Great Hotel, Fantastic for Babies!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Chicago River North

You added The Westin Chicago River North to your Saves list
The Westin Chicago River North
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 N. Dearborn Ave., Chicago, IL 60610 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Shanghai, China
“Great Hotel, Fantastic for Babies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We took our 5 month old on her first trip to Chicago and didn't want to bring her travel crib since we were flying. I had heard horror stories about the cribs hotels offer, so had low expectations. But the Westin was great, we told them at check-in that we needed a crib, and a beautiful Heavenly Crib was delivered to our room within 15 minutes. It was clean, safe, and stylish. My baby loved it and slept like a dream. They also gave us a handicap accessible room which was quite large, and it was easy to roll around the crib into the hallway or a quiet corner while she was sleeping so we could still keep the lights on and move around without disturbing her. The hotel overall was great, very clean and modern rooms, wonderful lobby and fantastic location!

Room Tip: Request a handicap accessible room if you are getting a crib!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear tiffanytom,

Thank you for your very detailed review of your visit at The Westin Chicago River North. I was delighted to hear of how the use of one of our heavenly cribs impacted your visit. We are happy to provide this amenity for our guests and understand how it can facilitate a stay when traveling with a baby, especially a 5 month old. We thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Be Well,

Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Litle Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Westin June 28-July 1 for a family wedding. My room had a king bed, and there was lots of room to move around, store luggage, etc. The room had a safe in the closet which is always nice. The bathroom was quite large and up to date and had good towels.
I slept so well in that room with those fabulous linens, the heavenly bed, and the quiet quiet atmosphere in the hotel.
The staff were all so kind and helpful! We loved our waitress in the bar, and she handled our big crowd with poise and kindness.
We all had breakfast in the restaurant on Sunday morning....delicious buffet!
The location is really good, and I loved having a small view of the river from my room! This is a nice nice hotel! Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: A room facing the river would be best!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We try to stay at Starwood Properties as much as possible. This is a great location and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The gym is very nice. The room we had was a litlte warm but it was very hot in Chicago that weekend. Overall a great property and great value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was in town for a major convention, and initially stayed at the Sheraton Hotel & Towers downtown, which, until this visit, was one of my favorite hotels to stay at in Chicago (separate review). I spent my last evening staying at the Westin. This hotel was absolutely wonderful! The staff at the front desk was very welcoming. The room was beautiful and clean and quiet. I was given a corner room with a great view of the river and the city. I can't say enough nice things about this property. I wish I could have stayed longer. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, if available
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Appleton, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Westin. I work for AAA and toured the hotel and thought I was amazing enough to stay during my next visit to Chicago. Great location - there are great restaurant choices around the hotel and you are close to the Riverwalk & Michigan Ave. The staff was great and the beds are "heavenly" (best night sleep I had in a long time). I will be back again... Check out the workout area too-pretty cool. Thanks Westin for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The accomedations were very nice. The room was large and with a good view of the river. What really made this Westin stand out though was Linda and the rest of the concierge staff who for 2 years in a row now have been so helpful in telling me where to walk around in my brief free time as well as recommending places to eat and booking reservatins for myself and my coworkers. I travel quite a bit for work and she really stands out at her job.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Sam R.

Thank you for your kind review. Our concierge team is 2nd to none and it was great to hear how they impacted your visit. We appreciate the repeat business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Be Well,

Peter
Pasadena, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and were satisfied with the accommodations and service we received. The property is centrally located, within a two mile walk of the Art Institute, Millenium Park, and the Willis Tower. Although our room faced the House of Blues nightclub across the street, I did not hear any noise bleed. We did have a partial view of the Chicago River, and our 6 year old daughter enjoyed calling out "water taxi" and "kayaker" to me as I was bathing in the large tub, in which I soaked my feet after all the walking around. There are many restaurants (Lou Malnatis) and coffee shops nearby, so we never dined on site. My sole complaint is the $44 self-park daily parking fee. Although the lot is very convenient and easy to use, it seems like a gouge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Chicago River North? Share your experiences!