I was surprised and very disappointed with the bad service here. Westin hotels are usually pretty good but this was not the case here. I only stayed 1 night and had quite a few problems. Some were small (but irritating) and good hotels always pay attention to the small details. That was not the case here. For example:
(1) Room service lunch - they included bread rolls but not enough butter
(2) Room service dinner - it took 45 mins to arrive and they sent the wrong order. Since it was after 11.00pm the kitchen was then closed. I was put on hold for 10 minutes and then told I could order from a local Italian take-out (they would pay). An OK response I guess but by then it was near midnight and I would have to wait again for the food.
(3) The room only had 2 dim lights and was very dark. I called "Service Express" to get an additional light sent to the room. I had to call them 3 times before anyone delivered a light (despite being told during the first 2 calls that it was coming). This took at least 2 hours.
I will not stay here again. I have stayed at the Sofitel before and should have gone back there - it was awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago is on the Magnificent Mile across from Bloomingdale's and the upscale shops of Water Tower Place. The exhilarating excitement of Chicago is at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Westin Michigan Ave Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago
- Chicago Westin
- Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago