“Great hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago

You added The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago to your Saves list
The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #97 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Thank you to the wonderful staff! I was in town caring for a sick relative when he passed away, the staff was kind enough to accommodate us by keeping me in the same room and extending the stay when the hotel was sold out one night. Thank you again to the front desk staff and management.

Stayed July 2014
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello P K,

Thank you for the great comments. Please accept our sincerest sympathies for your loss. We are glad that we were able to make things easier on you, and we hope to welcome you back under better circumstances.

Kristin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Returning to the Westin as a Preferred Guest for a symposium was perfected with just a few appreciated perks: the complimentary bottled water, the free Wi-Fi and the late check-out. Not having to rush between sessions to check-out and drag the luggage about was priceless.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Hi Madonna L,

Thank you for the delightful feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your enjoyable trip to Chicago and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was on a short business trip on my first visit to Chicago. All of the staff were terrific - very helpful and pleasant. The surrounding area is very clean & has many interesting historical places to visit. It's a tourist area and I felt safe enough to walk by myself in the evening. I would stay there again vs. San Francisco because it was free of creepy dirty obnoxious street people.

Room Tip: Not enough experience to judge this
Green Features: excellent - they give a discount for being environmentally conscientous
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi CONNIE W,

Thank you for the great comments! We are delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and our location. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We look forward to SPG hotels because of the heavenly beds. I think this Westin may be cutting corners. The bed was a bit of a hammock and the sheets were anything but heavenly. I think they've reverted to the 200 thread count sandpaper variety that are anything but heavenly.
Location is great and staff friendly but I think it is a bit of a rip-off to build a following on a feature and then cut corners on it.

Green Features: offered point in return from NOT servicing room. Great idea!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hi dindee123,

Thank you for the helpful feedback. We have notified housekeeping about your concerns about our Heavenly beds, and we have confirmed that all of our beds and sheets are Heavenly brand. We appreciate the information so we can consider making changes to our existing beds.

Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We've been to Chicago many times and this is the first time at this Westin. The location is amazing. On the mag mile, can walk to the beach (use tunnel), quick bus to Lincoln Park Zoo, and endless eating options. The staff was super helpful - yep, forgot a tooth brush which they quickly supplied - a real one! We were upgraded upon arrival, and front desk staff was quick and efficient. Room and bathroom were very clean. Hotel was quiet and plenty of Starbucks coffee in the room. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the Water Tower Place view.
Green Features: We always use the green option at SPG properties because it makes environmental sense. As a bonus, you get 500 points or a beverage voucher.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi Lori181,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are delighted that you have had such a wonderful time and we appreciate you sharing your positive story. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed at this Michigan Ave Westin last week for a business trip for the second time. At check in it took the front desk person over 30 minutes to simply check me in. She had no idea what to do. I am a Starwood Gold member so all my reservation information and even credit card is in the reservation but she still could not do it. I was running late for my business meeting so I asked if there was a supervisor or manager and was told "they were all in a meeting." Maybe they were discussing how to check in a guest! Then when I finally went to my room the key did not work, so back down to the front desk for round two. So I waited and waited - and was late to an important business meeting as a result. Check out was only slightly better with a very long line this time so I just dropped off my key and walked away. I will not return and suggest you can do a lot better at other Chicago hotels.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
Green Features: It is standard Westin practices such as an offer to skip changing towels or cleaning the room. Not sure if it is really for environment or just to save cleaning costs
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hi jfrao,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize that the front desk agent took too long to check you in. We have followed up with our management team to ensure that all of our new associates are properly trained and comfortable at the desk. We appreciate the information so we can improve.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I haven't been to the Windy City in a number of years and decided to book a hotel close to my old stomping grounds when I needed to return for business. The room was expensive, even by my standards but the location is worth the after hours free time. Just steps from shopping on Michigan Ave, and a mile or so walk to Millennium Park and museums. There are numerous bars and restaurants within distance and a taxi is easily hailed right outside the hotel. If you have to go to the Loop, a cab is approximately $7.50 one way.

The staff warm and friendly as you would expect in the Midwest.

The lobby bar had a varied menu with a good selection of wine and beer, although the kitchen closes at 9pm on Sunday.

There was free wifi in the lobby and the FEDEX Kinkos on the 2nd or 3rd floor was handy when I needed to send a package back to the office. Although I am an AVIS car renter, there is a Hertz on the lobby level of the hotel.

Cab from O'Hare to the Westin was $38.

Room Tip: I had a south facing room on the corner looking straight down Michigan Ave.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi Maximilian S,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted that you have enjoyed our location and our associates. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kristin

Been to The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago? Share your experiences!