“Not perfect, but definitely not awful. I'd go back!” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Early and Save
Ranked #117 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Kansas City
“Not perfect, but definitely not awful. I'd go back!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at The Tremont April 18-22. The location is fantastic, and the price fair. The rooms are nice and not too small. The bed was super comfortable. There were some loose tiles in the bathroom, and the bathroom timer light didn't always come on when I turned the dial. I never achieved what I would call a hot, steamy shower, but it wasn't cold, either. The ceiling fan above the bed had a hole next to it, making it appear not secure. The light bulb in the ceiling fan quit working on the second day. I didn't report any of these problems, as they were not major. The staff was wonderful, and I know they would have addressed the issues had I said something. If I have one chief complaint, it was at check-in. I had reserved a room with a king size bed in the annex next door because it came with a kitchen. This room was no longer available when we arrived, so they upgraded us to a room on the 11th floor. It was a nice room, but it didn't have a kitchen. They did give us a tiny fridge and microwave. The wi-fi worked fine, except I was charged for it when I was told it was free to Starwood members. They took it off my bill as soon as I pointed out the error. I would stay there again, mainly because the staff was awesome and the location was great. I could tell the onsite staff really wanted to make things right, but some things are probably out of their control.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I haven't checked out yet, but I had such a fantastic experience here I couldn't wait to review it.

The hotel is right off Michigan Avenue, surrounded by great places to eat and shop, as well as cultural and recreational experiences. The hotel restaurant, Ditka's, had good food at a reasonable (for a downtown hotel) price.

As you might expect for an older property at this price point, the hotel rooms haven't all been refurbished recently, so there's a couple places that could use a dab of paint, and the bathroom has a couple older-style aspects. The rooms aren't huge, more the size you might expect in a nice European hotel. But everything was very clean, the bed and pillows luxuriously comfortable, the room updated in the way that matters most for a business traveler -- a bedside charging station! -- the windows let in plenty of light, and the service was wonderful.

It started as my taxi pulled up, when the doorman opened my taxi door and brought my bag inside for me, and continued throughout my stay. As an SPG member, I was immediately offered free wifi, and when I guzzled all the complimentary water in the room, the desk staffer handed me more bottles. Frankly, it's so rare nowadays to get a high level of service where you're not constantly nickel-and-dimed for everything, that I had to compliment the Tremont immediately. Will definitely stay here again in the future!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile is ideally located along the infamous Miracle Mile in Chicago. Lot's of cool entertainment, retail, and retail venues to chose from. The management and staff are very friendly and offer up a modern clean hotel ideally situated for business travelers and vacationers alike. I will refer friends, family members, and business associates to The Tremont for many years to come.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Christine W, General Manager at The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear TravelTrader1,

Great review of the hotel and appreciate the 5 stars! We appreciate any and all referrals. Hope to see you again soon!!

Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at the Tremont for a business stay and had such a fantastic experience I had to share it here. I stayed on the Starwood Preferred Guest Level (if you aren't a Starwood member, correct that immediately), and was completely impressed. The customer service and friendliness of everyone was top-notch, from valet, to front desk, to the attendant at breakfast. Of course, you're in the middle of a big city so space is at a premium, but I had no problem navigating the halls and elevator. When I opened the door to my room, I expected more of the same but was blown away by how large the room is. Full size bathroom, plenty of closet space, large sleeping area and a more than adequate work area were all at my disposal. You want that extra touch? There was a personalized welcome card on the desk, explaining the amenities and pointing out that there were complimentary drinks in the mini-fridge and snacks in the room. Free wi-fi was a surprise, as high-end hotels usually want a few bucks for it, and the breakfast in the morning was excellent. Little things like the iphone charger/docking station on the nightstand were a neat little plus and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I would have guessed double the price for a night's stay in this hotel after totaling everything up. Oh, and did I mention that Ditka's Steakhouse was on the second floor? I give this property my highest rating, and can't wait to go back.

Ralph T.,

WOW! Thank you for such a detailed review. I really appreciate the time you took to showcase our hotel. We hope to see you again!

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had an awesome time here at the Tremont. The room was nice and quaint, very clean and quiet. The doorman Eric was very very helpful and gave us great ideas on places to go. Freddy, our concierge, was great. He did an excellent job with placing us in a great room and just made sure that our wishes were met and that we had a great stay here at the Tremont. Stan the bartender at Ditka's, the ajoining restaurant to the hotel, makes truly wonderful drinks and kept them coming. He is very knowledgeable of the drink mixes that you might want to try. Over all, Great time and great location just steps away from the Magnificent Mile! We certainly plan on staying here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Jimmy J.,

Thank you for the wonderful review and mention of Eric, Freddy & Stan. They truly enjoyed hearing your comments. We hope to see you again for another birthday celebration!

Warren, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here last summer (2014) and were very happy with our stay! Everyone was friendly, the room was clean and looked modern. Excellent location! Would definitely stay here again (and probably will).

Room Tip: Join perks club and mention this at check in, you will be upgraded! Even if you book through Hotwir...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear starlight29341,

Very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us last year. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon. We've made many more updates that you will be pleasantly surprised with.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is prt of Starwood and I think it follows Westin standards. The hotel is small and old but really well maintained and comfortable. The bathrooms could use some updating but nothing too bad. Odd thing is the shower handle had a temperature gauge on it. The beds were definitely Westin style. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Jason T.,

Thank you for your comments on the hotel. We are looking at completing a bathroom update at the end of this year. Happy to hear you enjoyed our beds. Look forward to your return.

Christine Wechter

Been to The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!