“SPG Floor is Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile

You added The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 E Chestnut Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #135 of 176 Hotels in Chicago
San Francisco, California
“SPG Floor is Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had some apprehension about booking this hotel given its mixed reviews. But I was using points and it is cheaper than other options nearby, so I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised! My room was really large and comfortable, with a good desk set-up, good lighting and good outlet situation. I was on the SPG floor and it sounds like that one may be better off than some of the others, so do heed that warning. Still overall, liked this quite a bit. It does not have the scene of other SPG hotels, e.g. it has a small lobby, the room doesn't have a strong personality, etc. But the location is great if you're playing Chicago tourist, and it's altogether quite pleasant.

One trivial gripe: in-room coffee was terrible. I actually bought coffee at the Starbucks across the street to make up for it.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kalamazoo, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Although I was extremely grateful for the upgrade that I was given it didn't make up for the condition of the hotel at all it started off badly the Bellman continue to refer to me as a man and dude my room wasn't ready which I understood because I was there early but instead of attempting to speed things along they let me sit there waiting for hours then I get to the hallway which has an awful smell unfortunately the smell continued into the room I open a cabinet next to the TV and it has exposed wires and insulation the hardwood floors have paint on them because the painters around the walls were not careful The windows throughout the room were very dirty the bathrooms had a very dirty feeling the ground was coming up the marble was broken and the sinks and we came up to about my knee which might be fine if you were only 3 feet tall but at a little over 6 feet I practically needed to meal to use the sink and the list of issues goes on and on and on I contacted the hotel they did offer a partial refund. But I have to say after so many issues I really feel that a full refund would've been the better option very unlikely that I will ever return to this hotel surprising that Starwood would allow them to be part of their program

Room Tip: Pick a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Some of the reviews are mixed, but there is at least one newly remodeled floor for SPG members. Everything was new in the room besides maybe an older tub. It was great, and for the price and location, unbeatable.

No gym onsite is the biggest downside to this hotel.

Room Tip: Floor 9 is newly remodeled
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Fabulous location, close to shopping, restaurants and Rush street,. It has a staff that tries very hard to please, I would give the staff a 5. The hotel looks like it is in the process of a significant update. The beds were very comfortable and like Westin beds. I was surprised at the reasonable price for this location. Single elevator makes for slow rush hours.

Room Tip: higher floors would have better views.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Convenient to everything. Staff excellent--most prompt room service I've experienced. Fredy at the desk--exceptionally pleasant and helpful. For an "old" hotel--better than we expected, but try to get an upper, corner room for a limited city view. Our room was very clean, functional, but the windows needed cleaning badly. Bottom line--we look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Springfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Clean hotel, staff was observant.
enjoyed 5 days its a great hotel, has Ditka's restaurant connected where they serve delicious meals and the most awesome banana cream pie.
convenient to most attractions, easy access to Magnificent Mile.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Chestnut Street are quieter
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Cullman, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Arrived around 1p.m to hotel, and the woman checking us in was rude and unorganized. They were supposed to call us when the room was ready. Needless to say, no one called and we returned around five to go to the room. It wasn't downstairs, but it felt that way-dark, damp smelling. Also, I opened the curtain and it was thick cinder-block coke glass! Bathroom was scary. We booked another hotel and left. I would never stay here because it seemed very old and dirty. You can do much better elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!