“I would love to move in” 5 of 5 stars

The Talbott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611 (Gold Coast)   |
Ranked #2 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“I would love to move in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was our second time staying at this wonderful Hotel. We had been previously a month earlier visiting premature twins at Childrens Hosp NICU. When we checked in for our second visit, the receptionist said " Hello Miss Smith, how are the twins?" This really sums up why we love this place. The service and the people. They are all helpful. The concierge knows everything. From best restaurants, to where to have a cake baked on short notice. The rooms are clean, and bedding sumptuous. It is also located just a short walk to the best shopping anywhere! We will always stay here!

Room Tip: The 12 th floor was really nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for a week, part business and part fun. The entire time we were there, not one staff member failed to greet us with a smile, NOT ONE! The Talbott is simply a great hotel that is well maintained, clean and obviously well managed. I just simply have never seen such consistently good service, even at the other hotel that is right down the street from the Talbott. Hands down my new favorite hotel in Chicago, I will never stay anywhere else as long as they have a room to sell me!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was here for one night with a group of friends. I was sorry to leave. If you are a Chicagoan and want a city weekend or a tourist visiting the sights, this is a great location. You are in the middle of a very safe and happening neighborhood, but the hotel is on a quiet and lovely residential street. You are walking distance to Michigan Ave., the Gold Coast, River North and about a mile to Millenium Park and the Loop. This boutique hotel has large, clean well appointed rooms, a welcoming quiet lobby, a restaurant/bar, and outstanding service. Thank you Kurtis and Dwayne for all your attention with a smile. I would go back in a minute.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, possibly with a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Three nights for a conference. Was upgraded to a suite....can we say Texas size! Luxury, but maintains elegant charm of yesterday. Arrived one evening from dinner to a fire in the lobby seating area. Lovely! Every staffer was gracious, helpful and cheerful. Will return!! Not a stranger to Chicago and have stayed in many hotels there. The Talbott is #1 in my book.

• Stayed June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Absolutely love this hotel. Rooms are large, very nice. The location is perfect, just a couple blocks from Michigan Avenue. The staff is fantastic, so friendly. I will not stay anywhere else when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed in The Talbott for a weekend with my family. The hotel was recommended to us by friends who have stayed there on many occasions. The location is great, the rates were in line with the accommodations, and the room was beautiful and super clean. Beds were very, very comfy.
On my first morning in the hotel, I went for a great run along the lake and returned early. While waiting for the elevator, the Concierge (Gene) got my attention and asked (using my name) "isn't it your wife's birthday today?" I was shocked to be recognized and called by name, but even more shocked that he knew my wife's birthday (especially because it had slipped my mind). After agreeing with him, he mentioned that the hotel wanted to send a gift up. My chin dropped to the ground.
Ten minutes later, a tray of gourmet nuts and candy with a birthday balloon were delivered to my wife in the room. She was so surprised and impressed.
Later, I went down to thank Gene. He smiled and waved it off with professional grace and simply stated "that's what we do."
We had an awesome weekend and could not have enjoyed ourselves more. Everything about Chicago is great, but this hotel is something special. Thank you, Gene!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

From the moment I checked in I felt at home, everything was perfect and the staff was so friendly I needed some pads and the maid Carmesha went to her locker to personally bring me some which was the nicest thing ever & she gave me extra chocolates lol! This is the only hotel we will stay in whenever we visit Chicago... Thumbs up all the way

Stayed June 2014