“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Talbott Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The Talbott Hotel to your Saves list
The Talbott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #2 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Aurora, OH
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a smaller hotel near North Michigan, but still quiet and unpretentious. The service was excellent and our room was very comfortable. The restaurant was pleasant and we felt reasonably priced. It was nice that the hotel was also close to a drug store and a beauty parlor. We will definitely come again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We spent one weekend my wife and I in Chicago for our "twice a year no kid week end";
I had in mind to make a reservation @ 4seasons until I saw the review of the Talbott on Tripadvisor.

I saved 350$ per night and it was perfect :
- large and comfortable room (1607)
- perfect location
- no too big
- nice people

The only "minus" would be the elevators : only two used also by the staff

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stopped here for a few nights and enjoyed our stay.

Staff were as lovely as has been mentioned in many other reviews. We had a complimentary upgrade to a lovely spacious room with everything we required: safe, iron and board, sofa and easy chair, writing desk, alarm clock with lead for MP3/iPod, free wifi.

The bed was heavenly - I defy anyone not to sleep well. Our room was slightly gloomy as we were facing the Waldorf which dwarfed the Talbott, so even though our room was on the top floor, the sky was completely blotted out.

The location was in the north of the city, but within walking distance of many restaurants, Michigan Avenue and the John Hancock Tower for those with a head for heights.

Recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We LOVED our stay here. If I had to come up with a complaint, I'd have to make it up! The location: perfect. Walk to almost anywhere you need to be in town. The staff: perfect. From the front desk to the chambermaids, everyone is as helpful as can be. The room: perfect. Felt like home, only nicer!
One of our top 5 all-timers.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We have stayed at the Talbott Hotel several times. It never disappoints. It is an oasis in the middle of a very busy city. Every member of the staff is exceedingly friendly and helpful. They take the time to give you information about your room and the city. It is centrally located to Lincoln Park, Water Tower Place, Wrigley and any other downtown area of the city. We love it here.
On this trip, my husband was recovering from knee surgery and was on crutches and in a brace. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we were in a room that provided for his safety while moving around. We are grateful that there are places that still provide such a high level of service and always do it with a smile. Many thanks to the staff for all their help.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I (we) have stayed at the Talbott a number of times over the years and have to say it is one of my favorites in any city I visit. From the time the doorman opens your door, front desk reception and bell service to room; you know you are in the right place. We were traveling with our 16 year old daughter and opted for a suite with an adjoining room (903+904) and it worked out perfectly. The location of the hotel is very convenient and we walked everywhere to see the sites, shop, and dine. There are many places to stay in this great city, the Talbott is my choice.

PS: they also have a great restaurant / bar attached with room service. And health club access.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at The Talbot while being in Chicago for just one night. I was anticipating a lovely stay and my expectations were not met. The room was very nice - quite spacious for an urban location but... the service and the amenities fell short. I was in town for a medical procedure and chose a smaller, boutique hotel so I would be in a more gracious, personal environment. When we checked in, the concierge asked about dinner reservations. I mentioned that I would not be up to eating so he said I could find soup at a place a couple of blocks away. I thought he would offer to send up some soup...but, that's OK. Then, I needed some ice. Only available through room service. The dinner we ordered through room service was mediocre at best. They did not have Pinot Grio by the glass so we needed to order a bottle. Every part of the experience was just not quite on target. Next time, we will choose another property. It could be a great place but needs lots of improvements in their basic services.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Talbott Hotel? Share your experiences!