Stayed from February 16 to 19, 2013
Phenomenal! I could stop here and that would say it all. But I know I would want more detail if I were contemplating a stay at the Talbott Hotel. This is an older hotel, but I could find no fault in anything they offered. In fact, I found every aspect of the hotel exceeded many of the major chains I have stayed in. What you should know:
- the "extras" seemed to never end. Free wifi; housecoats in the room; newspaper delivered to the door; full Apple entertainment centre with free access to all the HBO type channels and internet access on the big screen TV;
- all the staff from the front desk to Bell Station to maid service were friendly and helpful
- the room was always clean and tidy and completed while we were out
- awesome location - just one block from Michigan Ave (shopping district)
- the King room we had was huge, the bed comfortable and there was no shortage of electrical outlets all over the place
- the bathroom had a double sink with lots of space between each.
And on top of this the rate was really reasonable ($177/night thru the Air Canada website). I haven't stayed anywhere else in Chicago so have nothing to compare it to, but The Talbott didn't get a high Trip Advisor rating for no reason. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the many comforting rewards of a small European style hotel in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast. Steps away from Michigan Avenue. As staff well versed in the art of fine European hospitality, people who remember your name and tend swiftly to your special, as well as, everyday needs. A host of gracious amenities including nightly turn-down service, morning newspapers, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, and complimentary access to a world class health center. A contemporary American seafood eatery is the latest concept developed by Managing Partner Alfredo Sandoval of the esteemed Mercadito Hospitality group. Mercadito Fish features the best of casual and fine dining seafood restaurants. Fresh seasonal "catches" and personable service amplify its' modern day sensibility, inspiring exploration of new flavors and approachability. The restaurant showcases a range of familiar and new seafood preparations, as well as an expertly customized beverage program. Matched with a warm and thoughtfully designed environment, Mercadito Fish offers exquisitely prepared seafood without compromising atmosphere and price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your The Talbott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.