“New fave Chi hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 169 hotels in Chicago
New York
“New fave Chi hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I go to Chicago 3+ times a year. I've had the opportunity to stay at a fair number of hotels but I was knocked out by the Talbott. It's my new #1 choice (visited in January, and already anticipating next visit in March).

I had a lovely suite facing Delaware Place. Not much of a view, and I will inquire as to Lake view options for my future visits. Other than that minor quibble, this was an absolutely flawless experience. I loved the decor of the entire property, including my accommodations, the comforts of the room, the cleanliness and amenities, etc. It was all very, very good.

More importantly, this is an establishment that understands service. I developed a cold and didn't have as much as aspirin on me. I was really too ill to get dressed and walk to the nearest drug store (seems like there's one on every block!). I called the front desk to see if anyone could help me. They immediately sent one of their fine employees to Walgreens, and within minutes he was back with a package of cold pills.

Their room service menu is really limited,but Grub Hub and other delivery services solved that little problem. Moreover. the delivery person was always accompanied to my room by a Talbott employee. I was blown away by their concern for my well-being. I don't know if it was because I'm a woman traveling alone, or just their usual system, but it made me feel safe and well-cared for.

This is truly a gem of a hotel, with wonderful employees who understand how to take the best possible care of their guests.

Well done, Talbott!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

1,345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Morgantown, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate his birthday. Not only were we allowed to check-in early and check-out late, they upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge! All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel like we were their number one priority. I have never experienced this kind of service! The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the hotel is in a great location. Just 2 blocks from Michigan Avenue. We had an amazing time and can't wait to go back!

Avon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thanks to many of the listed reviews, I chose the Talbott Hotel, Chicago, for a two night stay. From the doormen, to the desk clerks, to other staff members...we could not have asked for a better place. The rooms were CLEAN and well kept, as well as ours being spacious. The location was so close to Michigan Avenue or anywhere we wanted to walk. Right across the street was the neatest convenient store: The Goddess and Grocer. I loved my morning coffee here. Also, a short walk down the road...a wonderful breakfast cafe, known as Tempo. This weekend away in the friendly, hospitable town of CHICAGO reminded me "how much I love this town". We plan to make reservations at the Talbott, again, come July!

Room Tip: If you are a AAA member, be sure to present your card. You will receive a discount. Also, benefici...
West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

For years we have been staying at the Sutton Place. Recently they closed for renovation and we were at a loss as where to stay. We decided to stay at the Talbott after reading many positive reviews. We were delighted. From the minute we walked into the hotel we were confident we chose the right place. The staff was very friendly, the room was great, the bed was comfortable, the hotel was beautiful and the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Corner room is larger
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dade City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife booked this hotel when I had to travel to Chicago on business and it turned out to be an excellent choice. Good location to downtown, restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. The room was spacious, really comfortable and quiet. I would recommend to anyone spending time in Chicago. If you are a history buff plan on going to the museum of science & industry to see the German U-boat 505. It is inside the musem and an amazing piece of history.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
central IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff at this hotel are as outstanding as the location. People went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly and were equally pleased with the Little Market restaurant next door. Thank you Trip Advisor--what a find.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Trip Advisor reviewers did not let me down! I booked a two-night stay at The Talbott for a long girls weekend with my daughter and two very young granddaughters (4 and 7). My requirements were 1) fab location near Michigan Avenue, yet quiet, 2) room with two queen beds, 3) good rate, 4) roomy, clean and updated, 5) nice staff and 5) high rating. The Talbott fulfilled all requirements and then some. When we arrived, early check-in was provided. I had called that morning as advised. The rate at check in was less than originally quoted! Our room was very comfortably sized, and nicely appointed. The TV was both a TV and a computer, but no problem: the 7 year old knew how to work it!!! Free WIFI worked well. Bathroom had a double sink. Staff at reception and bell station were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Sleep quality was good; we were on the tenth floor and windows faced a condo bldg next door so it was quiet. Although we were next to the elevators, we did not hear them at all, as promised by the bellman who accompanied us to our room. Housekeeping did a thorough job. I kept looking for little "do not disturb" hang tags for the door, but my daughter pointed out that there were automatic, illuminated push-button indicators! (Oh!!) The location was incredible. We walked to Water Tower Place to shop at American Girl and eat at Foodlife easily (as well as Ghirardelli and Cheesecake Factory). Starbucks is across the street, and Tempo Cafe, a favorite breakfast diner, just around the corner. I may even stay there with my husband (instead of the Ritz!!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Talbott Hotel? Share your experiences!