“Amazing Birthday Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Talbott Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The Talbott Hotel to your Saves list
The Talbott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #2 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Morgantown, Indiana
“Amazing Birthday Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate his birthday. Not only were we allowed to check-in early and check-out late, they upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge! All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel like we were their number one priority. I have never experienced this kind of service! The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the hotel is in a great location. Just 2 blocks from Michigan Avenue. We had an amazing time and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Avon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thanks to many of the listed reviews, I chose the Talbott Hotel, Chicago, for a two night stay. From the doormen, to the desk clerks, to other staff members...we could not have asked for a better place. The rooms were CLEAN and well kept, as well as ours being spacious. The location was so close to Michigan Avenue or anywhere we wanted to walk. Right across the street was the neatest convenient store: The Goddess and Grocer. I loved my morning coffee here. Also, a short walk down the road...a wonderful breakfast cafe, known as Tempo. This weekend away in the friendly, hospitable town of CHICAGO reminded me "how much I love this town". We plan to make reservations at the Talbott, again, come July!

Room Tip: If you are a AAA member, be sure to present your card. You will receive a discount. Also, benefici...
West Bloomfield Township, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

For years we have been staying at the Sutton Place. Recently they closed for renovation and we were at a loss as where to stay. We decided to stay at the Talbott after reading many positive reviews. We were delighted. From the minute we walked into the hotel we were confident we chose the right place. The staff was very friendly, the room was great, the bed was comfortable, the hotel was beautiful and the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Corner room is larger
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dade City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife booked this hotel when I had to travel to Chicago on business and it turned out to be an excellent choice. Good location to downtown, restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. The room was spacious, really comfortable and quiet. I would recommend to anyone spending time in Chicago. If you are a history buff plan on going to the museum of science & industry to see the German U-boat 505. It is inside the musem and an amazing piece of history.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
central IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff at this hotel are as outstanding as the location. People went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly and were equally pleased with the Little Market restaurant next door. Thank you Trip Advisor--what a find.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Trip Advisor reviewers did not let me down! I booked a two-night stay at The Talbott for a long girls weekend with my daughter and two very young granddaughters (4 and 7). My requirements were 1) fab location near Michigan Avenue, yet quiet, 2) room with two queen beds, 3) good rate, 4) roomy, clean and updated, 5) nice staff and 5) high rating. The Talbott fulfilled all requirements and then some. When we arrived, early check-in was provided. I had called that morning as advised. The rate at check in was less than originally quoted! Our room was very comfortably sized, and nicely appointed. The TV was both a TV and a computer, but no problem: the 7 year old knew how to work it!!! Free WIFI worked well. Bathroom had a double sink. Staff at reception and bell station were friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Sleep quality was good; we were on the tenth floor and windows faced a condo bldg next door so it was quiet. Although we were next to the elevators, we did not hear them at all, as promised by the bellman who accompanied us to our room. Housekeeping did a thorough job. I kept looking for little "do not disturb" hang tags for the door, but my daughter pointed out that there were automatic, illuminated push-button indicators! (Oh!!) The location was incredible. We walked to Water Tower Place to shop at American Girl and eat at Foodlife easily (as well as Ghirardelli and Cheesecake Factory). Starbucks is across the street, and Tempo Cafe, a favorite breakfast diner, just around the corner. I may even stay there with my husband (instead of the Ritz!!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lake Zurich, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I spent a nice three day mini urban vacation at the Talbott early in December.
We have experienced many hotels and B&B's in Europe and the US and rank the Talbott amoung the best experiences.
Great location and old hotel charm with modern conveniences. Very good place to enjoy the Holiday seasons in Chicago. The staff is professional and make you feel welcome.
Cozy comfy atmosphere with a very nice bar off the lobby and inviting fireplace in the lobby.
My wife and I are planning on making this an annual event and we live in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was roomy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Talbott Hotel? Share your experiences!