“Boutique hotel hits very high standard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Talbott Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The Talbott Hotel to your Saves list
The Talbott Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Ranked #2 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Canberra, Australia
“Boutique hotel hits very high standard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at the Talbott from 4 to 7 November 2012 and was there when Barack Obama was reelected. This is a boutique hotel committed to treating its guests as individuals and going the extra mile. The room was comfortable and everything worked well. A problem working the state of the art TV service was attended to promptly, cheerfully and successfully by the engineer. The bed was excellent. Tim, the concierge, was very knowledgeable and helpful. He was effective in securing a reservation for me in a top restaurant I was keen to try. He guided me to the Chicago attractions I wanted to experience. The restaurant is outsourced and was undergoing some changes when I was there. The service had some idiosyncratic features and the Continental breakfast was bread heavy but quite generous. The service was friendly. Chicago is a wonderful city. The Talbott is well located and works to help guests fully enjoy their Chicago experience. I would happily return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here a few weeks ago for several nights. It was truly the perfect choice! From the super location just blocks from the Magnificent Mile to the outstanding service, The Talbott was a winner. We had purchased one of their packages that included breakfast. That actually meant we were given a $15.00 voucher per person for breakfast in the small, intimate restaurant. Amazingly, this $15.00 was a fair amount. Frequently breakfasts in major cities cost much more, but a breakfast for that amount actually was possible at The Talbott.

Our only complaint was that the room (although beautiful) tended to get a bit warm and stuffy.

If I had the chance to visit Chicago again (and I certainly hope I do!), I would stay at The Talbott!

Room Tip: We informed management that we were celebrating our 35th anniversary. Perhaps this is why we were up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is a very nice older hotel adequately updated. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The Doorman and bell Captain went out of their way to help us and always had a smile for everyone. Upon check-out the front desk disputed the advertised promotional credits for breakfast, claiming someone had stolen the discount coupons we received and a review of video tapes of restaurant patrons would be needed before final billing could be done. No coupons were ever provide at check-in and one wonders why they would even be needed. They had all the information they needed to comclude our stay with a final bill. We were told we would get a copy of the final bill emailed to us. After 10 days that still hasn't happened, even though our credit card was promptly charged a day after the stay. Good customer service was spared so that proper accounting could be done. I would also add the valet parking was $52/day, but this may be typical for Chicago. It seemeed excessive. We will stay at one of the more recognizable chains on our next trip to Chicago. Quaint only goes so far.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, request a lower level room where there is greater sq. footage. The upper flo...
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is my favorite hotel in Chicago! While there are simply hundreds of hotels to choose from, I guarantee you will not receive this type of personalized service anywhere else. Comfortable and stylishly appointed rooms, highly recommend a Suite - very spacious, with his/her vanities. The Talbott is also a "green" hotel, which I particularly like. which is Notably, when I travel for work I need a hotel I can sleep and work in. This hotel is peaceful - never heard a sound outside my room. Best of all, I LOVE the location; just a short walk to a great Irish Pub, the Dublin Bar and Grill (outstanding food, try the crabcakes, and fabulous bartenders) and the Magnificent Mile of course, because a trip to Chicago would not be complete without strolling the MM.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I spent Thanksgiving in Chicago and stayed at the Talbott for two nights. We had a lovely time. Our room was spacious and clean. It did have an old fashioned feel to it but not shabby.The bed and linens were very comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly, but Dwayne went out of his way to be hospitable. The only shortfall-the restaurant staff did not match their other colleagues in friendliness or efficiency.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I were able to spend our 25th anniversary at the Talbott. It was necessary for me to make all of the arrangements from my overseas location during a deployment. I arrived home just in time to make the trip to Chicago. The staff, the concierge and the hotel could not have been a more welcome experience. One of a kind service two short blocks off Michigan. My wife and I both enjoyed and took advantage of the comlimentary membership at the nearby healthclub (Equinox). The room's were spacious and well appointed. All we had to do was ask and it was taken care of.
Small but comfortable bar downstairs and the restaurant was undergoing renovation so I can't comment.
We will be coming back to the Talbott often-- it was tremendous-- recommend without any hesitation

UMWSUHFH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This a fantastic boutique hotel right in the heart of downtown, North Michigan Avenue, Chicago.
The service from the bellmen, to the concierge or front desk people is outstanding. the beds and pillows are comfortable. There are comfortable chairs with ottomans in the rooms, wifi, flat screen tvs and dvd players. The rooms have enough sound proofing to be quiet. I would highly recommend..

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Talbott Hotel? Share your experiences!