I got a great deal through Expedia on this place and it turned out to be a good location. I highly suggest it if your to do list includes shopping and going to the beach! It's right off Michigan Ave and close to a good mix of stores. We arrived to town at about 9:30/10am and the gentleman at the front desk kindly waived our early check in fee and give us a room that was ready which was much appreciated.The room was small but comfortable, however there was a huge stain on the carpet by the bed. I could see the beach between two buildings from our room but the windows were quite dirty. The water pressure in the shower wasn't so great either. Valet cost us $67 and we were able to keep the car there until 6pm on the day we checked out which worked out nice since we had some other things planned to do that morning/afternoon. However we received our bill in the morn for valet and my card on file had already been charged! Prior to the charge I was expecting an opportunity to switch payment forms when we went to check out which was frustrating! Then there was an issue switching to my boyfriend's card. The gentleman at the front desk swiped it and was having issues so he got what I assume was the manager. The manager then, without checking if my bf's card had got charged, swiped it again causing my bf's card to be charged the $67 twice! A little careless of the managerial individual!!! Now we are both waiting for $67 each to go back to our cards, putting a little bit of a damper on our weekend budget! Overall the location is nice and the room was comfortable for the visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale's and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar offering several kinds of martinis. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, EasyToBook, Otel, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Agoda so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago