The Millienium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago was a 5-minute walk from the Chicago red line CTA subway station. The Hotel's location was in the Near North area towards the north end of The Magnificient Mile shopping belt, and a stone's throw to the Oak St Beach further up north. Plenty of retail shops and eateries in the vincinity of the Hotel. In particular, I liked to go to the Water Tower place mall, an easy walking distance south of The Hotel; it has lots of shops, Macy's, a food court, and free Wifi. Macy's offered a 10% discount voucher for tourists who registered their passports at the Macy's information counter.
The interior of the Hotel was high-class, glamerous, and cozy. The lounge is spacious and had a live gig in the evenigs. Parts of the lounge was nicely decorated like a study room with large bay windows. The staff at the check-in counter and concierge were professional and friendly. Checking in was a breeze. I would like to compliment one of the bellhops. He was carrying some lugguages belonging to a frail elderly couple in the lobby while the couple was entering the hotel through the revolving door. As they entered the hotel with some effort, they stumbled a little and the bellhop was sharp to turn around quickly and extended his helping hand to steady them and lef them further into the lobby. I was very impressed since this was the first time I witnessed a bellhop focusing on the safety of hotel guests in the midst of his taking care of guests' lugguages. I feel very safe in this hotel, knowing that such a staff worked there. Unfortunately, I did not find out his name. He was tall, dark, and without spectacles.
My room was clean, neat, cozy, comfortable, and rather spacious. There was a nice writing desk with a computer monitor and keyboard on it. There were complimentary coffee power and tea bags, a drawerful of paid snacks, and a mini refrigerator fully stocked with paid drinks. The bed was comfortable to sleep in. The bathroom came with a bathtub, clean towels, and complimentary bath products. All the items in the room were of fine furnishings. Wifi in the room was chargeable but complimentary in the lobby. I did not see any safe box in the room though.
I would stay in this hotel again if I have the chance to visit Chicago again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale's and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar offering several kinds of martinis. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, BookIt.com and Agoda so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago