This was a break in tradition for us. With travel accounts, we usually stay at one of two brands that have several properties on and around Michigan Ave. This time, I wanted to try a hotel with a different feel. The property is about 2 blocks from Michigan Ave - and close to Lakeshore Drive; so well situated. It definitely retains it's old time grandeur in the lobby and common areas. A huge chandelier with very ornate decor, so unique. Like everywhere, your valet parking will be quite expensive - but the staff was exceptional as you'd expect. There is a bar and a restaurant in the lobby. Be prepared, the elevators are very small. 4 people with one bag each, or 6 people with no luggage, and you're elbow to elbow. Again - they've retained their old time charm, so who can complain! The rooms are where you'll find modern conveniences. We had two rooms, 1King and 2double - both had computers in the room...so handy. Each had large 40in (?) TVs and the bathrooms were nicely remodeled. The bathroom in the 1K was very very small. I'm 5'6 and i could extend my arms and touch the shower glass enclosure and the counter. Plenty of room, just small. Our 2nd room with 2 double beds had a much larger bathroom, if that's of any issue for you. Again, our rooms faced out to the interior corridor of the hotel, which had a quite dismal view of the same backside of the Westin hotel. Just hundreds of windows closed in around you blocking out all natural light, etc. Our recommendation is to ask for a street facing room - problem solved.
The concierge and bell captain were terrific, check in and out was simple. One room had an honor bar stocked and the 2nd room, empty. Be sure to look when you check in to ensure you dont get charged for something you didn't use!! I would recommend this, and would stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale's and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar offering several kinds of martinis. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago