I hope this hotel realizes that its not just about things like location or price that determines a good hotel and a hotel that makes people want to come back. It's also the service. I'm so glad I only had to stay here for a day since it was pretty bad, especially the first impression.
I was "welcomed" by Simeon at the front desk who nearly checked me in until he realized that my the debit card I paid with was not mine but my husband's. But he didn't even say that. Just shook his head and said "Can't do that." Can't do what? Did not even look at me and acted as though I took or stole somebody else's card to spend it. My husband had to stay in Chicago for work this week, while I was coming up from Indiana. That's why I had used his card and not mine.
So when I showed Simeon my debit card, of course Chase blocked it because it didn't know I was in Chicago. Simeon made the suspicious face again. It's absolutely fine if I need to pay with a card that has my name since I made the reservation. Simeon could have just said so. I could explain why I wasn't using my cards. My husband had just gone parking, so he was returning soon. Simeon shouldn't be making these faces.
The people at the front desk are usually the hotel's first impression (maybe the bellboys as well). I don't want to receive suspicious looks and bad service at a place I'm paying to stay. Honestly, this hotel needs to train its people how to treat their guests, explain to their guests, and maybe even how to act.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale's and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar offering several kinds of martinis. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago