My husband and I stayed at the Millennium Knickerbocker over 4th of July weekend this summer. The location is excellent - easy access to shopping on Michigan Avenue, and just two blocks (5 minute walk) from Oak Street Beach. There are also several Divvy bike rental stations nearby - we used the one by Oak Street Beach - which made it extremely easy to get around the city in a fun and active way. There was also a liquor store around the corner so you can purchase beer, wine, liquor, and snacks on your own, instead of using the more expensive minibar in the room or bar in the lobby.
The finishes in the room were beautiful. Rainfall shower with glass enclosure, low-flow toilet, roomy closet with plenty of hangers, updated modern style throughout the room, etc. Also, the room was MUCH larger than what most historical hotels offer. The view was just okay, but typical for a city-based hotel. And everything - hallway, elevators, room, etc. - felt very clean and well kept. One weird thing was that the cleaning staff kept replacing the face soap, but never gave us new body soap.
We kind of wished for a roof-top deck or something to relax and enjoy what would probably be a really nice view. I think that would be the only drawback of this hotel. The bar in the lobby was fully stocked and the bartenders were friendly without being overly chatty. The rest of the hotel staff was very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. Some extras were accidentally charged to our room, and the front desk quickly and efficiently checked the charge and made it right.
Finally, the price was excellent. We booked our stay through Priceline. You get an excellent value for the location, amenities, and history of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale's and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar offering several kinds of martinis. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Reservation Counter, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago