We picked our hotel on the following criteria; price, location, and history. Family members were staying at the Westin. Our rate was nearly $100 less per night than it would be at the Westin (through Trivago), the MK was a very short walk rounding two corners, and a wonderful piece of nostalgic history; there are hotel tours! We were so happy we chose it. The staff was attentive, gracious, and very accommodating when asked if they could bring us a mini-fridge; we were there several days. Our king room on the 8th floor (room 808) was a bit cramped but every bit as nice as that of our family member’s, and nicer in several respects! We were happy to bit a bit cramped in exchange. We had lovely vistas facing E. Walton Place overlooking the terrace garden of Sotheby’s and views of garden balcony terraces of private residences in the building behind Sotheby’s. The MK lobby is old time grandeur with palpable history, and plenty of comfy sitting areas to enjoy whether waiting for family and reading, or just people-watching. On the last evening it was our family who suggested that we all meet at the MK martini bar for drinks and dinner; both of which were absolutely excellent; a great bar-tender to boot. A Grand Hotel! The icing and cherry on the cake of our little family get-away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale's and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar offering several kinds of martinis. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and BookIt.com so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago