“Great property!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago

You added Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago to your Saves list
Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   163 East Walton Place, at N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #61 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff was great, and the room was very nice and comfortable.The restaurant and bar is overpriced, and they do not offer free wifi in the rooms. Other then that, I was very pleased with my stay and will return again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Florencio F, General Manager at Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be “great” and the room was “very nice and comfortable”. We do offer complimentary WiFi in the lobby and mezzanine levels. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us!

Florencio Ferrao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel was one of the best hotels we stayed at. went to Chicago with my family and stayed there for a week. we didn't have any problems at all and had breakfast at the hotel restaurant which was really good actually.the location of this place is a bonus cause it's right at Michigan Ave and so many good restaurants around there .
would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Florencio F, General Manager at Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you consider the Knickerbocker “one of the best hotels” you’ve stayed at. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you greatly enjoyed your stay. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you stay with us!

Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Ever since we stayed here, I have been dying to write about how exceptional this hotel is and I wanted to have the perfect wording, but I don't think there are enough words in the dictionary to showcase how lovely the Knickerbocker is.

Every Valentines Day weekend my husband and I follow a tradition... it was our first date 7 years ago on vday and we utterly love this weekend. It is a little getaway for us and lets not forget eating some great Chicago food. Dinner is always at Tavern on Rush (LOVE IT), drinks at whatever bar we like, breakfast at The Original Pancake House (yum) and the Chicago Auto Show. We never stay at the same hotel cause we like to stay all over... however, I think we have found one amazing little gem.

We picked the Knickerbocker for two main reasons, price and location. For $100 a night in the city, its a steal. Then, it is within a short walking distance to Tavern. Once we enter the building, we can tell that a wedding is going on and everybody is pre-drinking in the lobby/martini bar. I am instantly jealous, cause not only do I LOVE weddings, but this seems like an amazing hotel to have your wedding at. We check in and the front desk clerk has to be the nicest guy. He asks us if we are celebrating anything, how are commute from the Burg was, if we need a taxi to dinner, etc. Also informs us that the lobby area will clear out in about 30 mins for the wedding.

Elevator is small, but its an older hotel, and its not slow, so I'd rather it be small than opposed to slow. On our floor people are pre-drinking in the huge common area for the wedding (once again, jealousy enters my brain). Our room is just perfect and the shower was my favorite part. Pretty big for a hotel shower, rainfall shower head and an additional wand. We get dressed for our night out and visit the Martini bar. The bill is quite high, $30 for two drinks, but this is the city AND there was no skimping on the alcohol. I mean we both walked out feeling a little fuzzy and hungry for dinner.

We just loved everything about it... All of the upgrades in the room were great, loved that it was a boutique hotel, the location, the staff, etc.

I am sure we will be back next year :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review on your Valentine’s Day weekend stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be “exceptional” and that you loved our central location.

We look forward to welcoming you back next Valentine’s Day, but hopefully for a stay sooner than that!

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The Knickerbocker hotel was the first 5 star hotel i stayed at by my self, and like Tony the Tiger says it was (Greaaat). I was surprised when i opened a drawer under the tv and saw every condiment u could imagine even a tooth brush. I opened the refrig, and saw those little bottles of licqure, I didn't open them because i don't drink alcohol. I did open some candy which cost $7. Every one says the halls are noisy, not so on the 6th floor, maybe because i was there the 3rd week of February (off season). I needed a comb so the door person told me to go a block away to a 24hr mart, i couldn't find it, so he walked me to it. The shower in the bathroom was a rain forest shower head and a shower wand with 25 water jets both of them u cant change settings, everyone is right, there is a big gap on bottom of door to hallway, lots of light comes in GO BIG KNICKERBOCKER!!!! Thanks from Mitchell Samuels ps. I will b back

Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed your room. We look forward to welcoming you back when you’re next in Chicago!

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had an excellent 5 night stay at The Millennium Knickerbocker. The staff was very professional and friendly, always helpful. One of the outstanding doormen gave us a great tip about taking the train into the airport which saved us about $50. The front desk clerk held our luggage until it was time for check-in so we could wander for a while. The staff here is the example of how hospitality should be. Overall I was very pleased with all aspects of the hotel and it was in walking distance to most places we wanted to visit! We shopped, ate, went sightseeing without having to get a taxi.

It also gets my vote for most comfortable beds ever! I seriously have never slept this well on vacation. It was like sleeping on a cloud, I really hated to leave it behind.

We now have friends in Chicago that we could stay with but I would not miss the chance to sleep in one of those bed again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We were delighted to read your comments about the staff, particularly how they are an “example of how hospitality should be”. I was happy to note that you were “very pleased” with all aspects of your hotel and that you greatly enjoyed our comfortable beds. My team and I look forward to your return to the Knickerbocker!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Enjoyed my stay here. Though a historic hotel, I found it to be quiet, clean (excellent maid service) and a great value. Elevators worked well which is not always the case at historic hotels. Basic bar, lobby, gym, restaurant (not open for dinner so you will need to venture out but there are numerous options close by on foot). Biggest negative is parking for your vehicle as there is no self park options offered by the hotel. Valet is quite steep at $65 a night, but you do get in/out privileges. If you are looking for upscale amenities, look elsewhere, but if you are looking a good place to relax with easy access to Michigan Ave shopping at an exceptional value this is it!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your comments on the “excellent maid service” and “great value”. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Delton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for a special weekend in February, 2014. Staff was very friendly, rooms were clean. There was no view, but this hotel is surrounded by taller buildings. The lobby restaurant was very good, we ate breakfast there both mornings. Was very close to Chicago shopping.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel if they have any rooms with a good view.