A friend and I chose Millennium Knickerbocker for our 3 night stay in Chicago.
The purpose of our trip was site-seeing and Black Friday shopping, and this hotel is perfectly situated “where it all happens”. Stores, malls, restaurants, bars, tourist attractions are all within walking distance. We only had to use our car once, while in Chicago. In addition to that, sight-seeing tours can be booked right in the hotel lobby. Parking is available across the street for $37 a day (and this was one of the most affordable options in the area). Valley parking was available for over $40 a day.
We opted for a Superior 2 Double bed room, which was worth every penny (other than 2 separate beds that we needed, it offered additional ~100 sq ft of space). Although the building is aged, all areas of the hotel feature upgrades and are well-maintained.
The room had everything one would expect from a 4-star hotel: a flat screen TV, a desk, a mini-bar, 2 cordless phones, a safe, free-of-charge Internet connection, sufficient noise insulation. Do not expect a fascinating view from the windows, as the building stands among other tall structures.
The granite-countertop bathroom had generous amount of toiletries, extra towels, a rain-shower, a magnifying mirror and a hair dryer.
The staff was amazing. Everyone knew their role and played it very well.
A definite A+!
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago
- Chicago Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-diamond landmark on North Michigan Avenue, the famous Magnificent Mile, this hotel welcomes you to the best location in the city for shopping, dining and business. European style and gracious service are the trademark of this elegant hotel and the 86 Millennium hotels around the world. One block from Water Tower Place, across the street from Bloomingdale’s and within walking distance of most major attractions, this hotel offers personalized service and attention not found in the larger hotels. The hotel features the Martini Bar with live jazz piano creating the perfect atmosphere in which to relax and unwind in the evenings. Nix restaurant offers a bistro setting and features continental cuisine for breakfast & lunch. A complimentary fitness center and lakefront jogging path are designed to keep you fit while traveling. Enjoy Classic Chicago style only steps away from all the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.