“Soft Beds - Beautiful Hotel - Great Gym” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Drake Hotel

You added The Drake Hotel to your Saves list
The Drake Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 E. Walton Place, Magnificent Mile, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Drive In Special
Ranked #54 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
Vero Beach, Fl
“Soft Beds - Beautiful Hotel - Great Gym”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed for a weekend and had a wonderful time. The Hotel lobby was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers. We used the hotel concierge several times and unfortunately we felt misled. We asked for a reasonably priced steakhouse and they sent us to Rosebud's. It was a very expensive meal and the aged meat tasted rotten. We also asked for a great hot dog and they sent us to Portillo's. The hot dog was cold and the Big Beef Sub had no flavor. It was a Cute fast food restaurant but I am sure not the best hot dog in Chicago. The hotel staff were friendly and the room was quite nice and clean but the bed actually sloped down on each side due to years of use. The sheets and pillows were very soft. The workout room was excellent. Lot's of different modern exercise machinery, lot's of fresh towels and was much like a private spa. The Hotel had several restaurants and some were surprisingly reasonably priced.
One lesson from the trip was to use TripAdvisor for the restaurants as later I read the reviews on the restaurants and they were very accurate and better than using a concierge. I would definitely stay at the Drake again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LEvoyeur,

Thank you for your candid review of your stay with us at The Drake Chicago. I appreciate your candor with regards to the quality of your mattress, as well as the recommendations of our team of concierge. I have passed your feedback to my team. I am glad you enjoyed the gym and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Sincerely

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
Des Moines, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had problems with a noisy room near the elevators my first night at this hotel. After contacting the front desk I was immediately moved to quieter room for the remainder of my stay. Additionally, the fitness facilities were very nice and the hotel breakfast was great.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Cynthia L,

Apologies with regards your first room and the noise disturbance. I am so glad we could move you and you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay.

We hope to see you again very soon.

silver lake
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I came downtown for a concert. Wanted nice hotel ........called for room service, a pot of coffee @9 am. Took over an hour.
Thats not what I'd expect from Michigan Ave hotel.
Not sure I would go back. Yes, its only coffee. But that's the point.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at The Drake Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Mep604,

I am dispointed that we did not deliver in terms of service during your recent stay with us. Please contact me directly at 3129324505 so i can discuss with you what i can possibly do to ensure you will consider staying with us again.

I look forward to the opportunity to speak in person.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at the Drake while on business and enjoyed the high ceilings, marble bathroom, big closets and great service. This a really nice place with a lot of character and I had an excellent experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kathryn D, Manager at The Drake Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear axr4,

Thank you for your five star review of your recent stay with us. I am excited that you enjoyed our decor and the features of the hotel. My team are looking forward to welcome you back again in the very near future,

Union, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Excellent experience. Hotel staff was extremely helpful and made our trip to Chicago very memorable. We will definitely be returning to Chicago again and booking at the Drake - Thank you for making our weekend getaway a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Pick one - you can't go wrong
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear IVSC,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and my team and look forward to welcome you back to The Drake on your next visit to Chicago.

Best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Drake is in a great location. However, the bathrooms need to be updated, service was not great (with the exception of the bellhop who brought our luggage to and from our room). Also, I was charged for local calls when I only called the desk to complain about the bathtub not draining. Also, checkin was 3:00 and we did not get our room until after 5:00. Rather disappointing for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Corinne D,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback with regards to your stay and am disappointed we did not serve you as we should and the fact you to wait for your room past our guaranteed check in time. Please contact me directly at 3129324505 so we can discuss what I can do to ensure you do choose to stay with us when you return to Chicago. I look forward to the opportunity to speak.

Sincerely

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Elegant, luxury & clean hotel, friendly staffs and reasonable price with bed and breakfast in an excellent location. However, the breakfast can be expensive if you have to pay for the menu price. Some furniture might need rehab.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Happy062014,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at The Drake Chicago. I am glad your enjoyed the ambience and the service. Thank you for your feedback on the price of breakfast, feeback that has been passed on and will be considered internally.

I hope to see you again soon,

Hotel Manager

Been to The Drake Hotel? Share your experiences!