“The Willows hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
London, United Kingdom
“The Willows hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at The Willows after Thanksgiving with my wife and sister.
The hotel was in a great location, within walking distance of lots of bars and restaurants. (I'd recommend the Friar Tuck on Broadway) It's also handy for bus routes into the downtown area and loop.
The Willows is small and comfortable. It's different from the large dowtown hotels in that is has character and offers a personal service. My room was large and fresh.
Free wi-fi in our room was something that you don't often get with the big chains.
Overall a good experience and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Berea, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very nice smaller hotel, clean, comfortable beds. The staff is staff, very accomodating. Good value if you look for other optios than the website. Continental breakfast. Sometimes temperature control in room is an issue. Very welcoming, have returned several times, will again.

Brewster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great Hotel in the center of residential Lincoln Park. Very convenient to many restaurants and activities. A short taxi ride (3-4 miles) to the loop. Management very attentive and helpful. A terrific value, a throw back to earlier times with all you need for comfortable stay.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the willows for the Chicago marathon. When booking the hotel I had no idea of anywhere in Chicago. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived, the marathon runners ran at the end of the road. The hotel is in a lovely, peaceful neighbourhood a short train ride from downtown Chicago. We have done our fair share of travelling and I have to say that this was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The entrance/reception area has a very homely feel to it and the staff are excellent and very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the breakfast which was more than enough for us. There is tea/coffee all day long and cookies at 4 o'clock.
If I am ever in a position to visit Chicago again I would most definitely stay at the willows

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We defintelety liked the area where this cozy hotel is. The bed was very comfortable and the rate includes a self service breakfast that can be enjoyed in the hall. It is distant from downtown. Nevertheless, it is very easy to get to the centre of the city by train. For those who are not used to cold weather, as we aren't, it would be a good idea to make some in the rooms in order to install a heating equipment that can be controled by the guests. Wherever, the satff promptly tried to help us with a potable heating when we asked for it. There are good restaurants and other shops nearby.

Room Tip: We'd rather try the more expensive rooms in the front side next time.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The Willows sits in the midst of a residential Chicago neighborhood a few blocks from the lake and from Grant Park zoo. There are tons of reasonably priced restaurants in walking distance--typically wonderful Chicago. The hotel is cozy, reasonably priced, free Internet, free breakfast (minimal), and the staff are great. Rooms are comfortable but next time I will ask for something larger (we opted for the cheapest) because our queen was very small. I would also ask for a room further from the elevator because it "dings" every time it comes to the floor--luckily, there don't seem to be any late night carousers and I brought my earplugs. All and all a nice choice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel in October, 2012. The hotel is nice and reasonably priced. Locations is perfect. Complementary breakfast has bagels, cream cheese, oatmeal, and cereals. Also they provide 24 hr coffee and tea. We had couple of things we did not like about the hotel. First, the pillows were thick and uncomfortable as I woke up with neck pain for the first time in my life. when I asked about a softer pillow at the front desk the guy in the morning was helpful and he said we will ask housekeeping. So at the end, he provided a softer pillow. Second, house keeping lady touched my stuff which I did not like. For the first night, I had to look for my slippers for like ten minutes in the room then I found them under the bed. Second night, I found my suitcase on the floor which I had put on the chair and which had been located on the chair for the past three days. Third thing I did not appreciate is that house keeping put new towels not in the hanger as usual but she put them on the toilette. So I did not like the new towels touching the toilette and would have appreciated it if she had placed them on the hangers as that was the usual location for the towels. Finally, I recommend the hotel despite these drawbacks.

Stayed October 2012

Been to The Willows? Share your experiences!