“Generic as Ham on White Bread” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers

You added Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers to your Saves list
Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 East North Water Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“Generic as Ham on White Bread”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The PROS: VERY comfortable beds and pillows! Possibly the best I've ever experienced in any hotel! Also, fast elevators - which is good because this is a big place and gets CROWDED. Rooms were clean and not too much wear and tear on the hotel.

BE CAREFUL: We booked two rooms through a reputable internet Hotel booking site that I often used. The hotel LOST one of the reservations. Fortunately, I spotted it a day before I arrived and the booking site was able to pressure the hotel into making our room available.

The CONS: Nickel and dime, nickel and dime. You need to get a good rate... we paid an average of $100 per night for 4 nights, (not including taxes = 16%)... which is excellent, I think. You'll need it because you pay for everything else.

Garage is over $50 per day, internet in room starts at $15 per 24 hours, and don't even think of putting anything in the room fridge. The fridge is filled with sodas and juices ($5-6) and those little bottles of brand alcohol, ie: Dewars Scotch = $11! (and much smaller than the amount you would get in a real drink in a bar). If you take out the drinks and put in your own food, they will try to charge you $25 per day. And you can forget trying to squeeze anything in there, between their bottles. Not even a sandwich or a yogurt will fit.

We did not have a long check-in at 3 pm, but usually there is a long line. Make sure you carefully review your bill at check out. They have been known to overcharge.

LOCATION - depends on what you like. Centrally located and we loved being on the River. But 15 minute walk to the "L" trains or subway. Great supermarket, "Dominicks," two blocks away, if you need fresh food or supplies. They may come in handy too because eating in the hotel restaurant for breakfast is EXPENSIVE. $19 omelets? You bet! You'd better be wealthy if you have 2 or 3 kids with you. Better to find a breakfast joint outside... but you will have to walk at least 10 minutes.

Bottom line: Nothing memorable or original here - a chain is a chain is a chain. Just sleep there, go out for everything else and enjoy the great Windy City.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
First off, thank you for your business and I'm happy to hear that you slept well and enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed amenities. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience from a billing perspective. While we do not own our parking so have no control over those fees and try to keep things in line with the market prices, I do apologize if this caused any additional stress during your trip. If you would like at your earliest convenience I would love the chance to speak with you so that we can repair our relationship. I can be reached at 312-329-6995 and look forward to chatting with you. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (853)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Everything met my expectations with this hotel. The only few complaints I have were that the pool was small and not useable 2 of the 4 days we were there. Fortunately we were there to explore and not swim all day long. #2 issue was that there is absolute no parking nearby so trying to check in and deal with putting the car in the parking space we had previously reserved was a bit if a hassle.
Overall I would recommend it because the location is really close to Navy Pier, a grocery/ drug store, and many other things.

• Stayed March 2013
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing. I also appreciate you sharing your feedback and please know I will be reviewing this with our applicable teams. I hope we have the chance to host you and your family again soon.
Safe travels!
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you are on business in the windy city or there for a romantic get away, I highly recommend this hotel. the location is great, the staff is very knowledgeable of the area and willing to make great dinning recommendations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing such compliments. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Safe travels!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is old, especially the rooms and the bathroom. We moved a bed to acomodate our child and the rug was very dusty.
Breakfast in the room was awful and pricey. The Restaurant Shula's is good but too expensive for this hotel.
Location is good but not great.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for sharing. Please know we are in the process of renovating all our guestrooms to ensure that your experience with us is elevated. I also appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding our breakfast pricing and while we do ensure to stay in line with the market prices, I will be reviewing this with our applicable team. I hope we have the chance to host you and your family again soon.
Safe travels!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The rooms were very clean with great views and comfortable beds. Very knowledgeable concierge. The work our facility was much better than most other hotels' facilities. Great selection of weights and machines. I would stay here again on a future business trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing about your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities and can't wait to welcome you back again soon! Safe travels!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We decided to get away from our son for a weekend together, and we booked the Junior Suite. It was a very nice room, very relaxing. The views of the city were excellent. We had the Lava cake at Shula's which was outstanding. The breakfast buffet was a wonderful end.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thrilled to hear you and your wife had a great weekend getaway and that you were able to take in the best views of Chicago with our renovated Junior Suite and enjoy a delicious meal at Shula's. We know how busy life gets, so we hope to be able to host you and your wife again soon. Safe travels!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I don't often get the chance to say this but this was a great experience for me. I am usually put-off by people in the service industry as a general rule simply because no one seems to care anymore. This would NOT be the case at this Hotel, wonderful atmosphere, very helpful staff, staff was accommodating at every turn. Can't say enough good things, I only wish all my hotel stays were this pleasant and made me feel as though customer service was at the top of their list like this Hotel did! AAA + from me, I will make this a destination to lay my head next time I am in the Windy City.
Thanks Sheraton for your obvious time you have taken in training all of your staff in the art of customer service.

Room Tip: You need to decide if you want the skyline view or the view of the river. The city at night is alway...