“They Nickle and Dime You” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers

You added Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers to your Saves list
Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 East North Water Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #53 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“They Nickle and Dime You”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was a beautiful hotel, with a great view. I loved the pool, and the beds. But there are SO many better hotels in Chicago. They did not give us a microwave, no wifi, no breakfast, no mini fridge, no DVD player, and no radio. I've stayed at a Motel 6 that had all of those things. Under the beds was dirty, and the room service was rude. Not very helpful service, and not very romantic (if that's what you're looking for). There are BETTER options in the same area of the city. I expected a beautiful romantic getaway, and I got average and expensive stay. There is better value

Room Tip: View of the pier was beautiful at night. See fireworks!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello Jennifer,

I apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment during your last experience at the Sheraton Chicago. We value all our guests feedback so the opportunity to speak with you about this further would be most appreciated. Please feel free to call me at 312-329-6995 or email me at brian.hutchins@sheraton.com at your convenience.

Thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stay here quite a bit when we go to Chicago. The rooms are clean (and we got an upgrade this time so the room was amazing). Housekeeping does a really good job. The beds are so comfortable. Room service was fast, but the breakfast choices felt limited. Also, there wasn't a room service menu in the room.
Great location. Can get anywhere.
The thing that made this last trip memoable is my boyfriend and I got separated, he stayed out and I went back to the hotel. Well, I woke up at 5 AM and he wasn't back, so I immediately think he is dead. The front desk was so helpful, even though there wasn't much they could do besides calm a crazy girl down. It was very nice of them though. For such a giant hotel, they made me feel like they cared.
Oh, and my boyfriend was alive. He's just a nut.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Addie H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your continued business at the Sheraton Chicago, we appreciate you picking us when your travels bring you to the Windy City from St. Louis. What a relief your boyfriend is alive and well and that our staff could assist you, as that's what we're here for! Come back and see us again soon, we just renovated all our Club Level rooms and Club Lounge so your upgrade will be that much better. The Club Lounge also offers breakfast daily so hopefully that will provide you more dining optoins to start your day. Or, check out the Link@Sheraton or LB's restaurants for even more selection. See you soon!
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business. The pros: beautiful hotel with coffee shop downstairs; great location two blocks from Michigan avenue. Cons: pricey; the maintenance in my room was not up to par; pay for wifi (unfortunately pretty standard anymore); long lines at reception. Not exactly what I would expect from a hotel chain of this calibre.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sturtevant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here on New Years Eve along with a ton of other people trying to check in at the same time. The hotel handled the mass of people efficiently and quickly with a smile on their faces the whole time. Our room had a beautiful view of the river and Lake Michigan. The added security for the night was comforting. The location was perfect for all of our plans. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Happy New Year! Thank you for ringing 2013 in at the Sheraton Chicago! So happy our staff was able to make your visit smooth from start to finish. The comfort and safety of our guests is a top priority in addition to friendly, sincere service. Wishing you a great start to your year and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

this hotel has good location but shows its age. my phone didnt work for 3 days except to ring several times during the night....my toilet kept running unless i fixed the chain....i couldnt get on wi fi without tech support......no mini frig in rooms even with heaters rooms very cold, corridors freezing. really hoping our conference goes back to the hilton...

Room Tip: less glass the better as very cold
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times on business trips. Concierge and front desk staff are always friendly and helpful. Great location if you need to be downtown. The rooms are always clean and well appointed. The Fitness Center is excellent and rarely crowded. I would highly recommend this hotel for the business traveler.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you selecting our hotel during your business travels from New Jersey and it's wonderful to hear that you enjoy our location in the heart of downtown on the Chicago riverwalk. I agree that it's great to be able to get a workout in when you're on the road so it's nice to hear that our fitness center has energized you to tend to all your business while here in Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Safe travels.

Been to Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers? Share your experiences!