“Top Notch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Howey in the Hills, Florida
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

As always, the Renaissance Hotel, Chicago delivers! Their quality and service is spectacular. The view from the room to the Chicago river was beautiful. If you bring a car, watch out for high parking fees.

Room Tip: Get a River View Room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceChicagoGM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I love seeing authentic reviews about our service and staff. Our views of the city are breath taking and I am so glad you enjoyed them.

I hope you come and discover us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was a great hotel -perfect location, very cordial staff, quite well-appointed room. It's convenient to most Chicago tourist sites, with very nice views from the two different rooms we had. Stayed on Marriott points, so I can't truly comment on its "value" per se, but I would return in a minute.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RenaissanceChicagoGM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I liked the beginning when I read; This was a great hotel -perfect location, very cordial staff, quite well-appointed room. That is, after all, how a hotel distinguishes itself from the many options you have. I will be sure to share your comments with all the staff in the hotel!
Summerfield, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is nestled with easy access to shopping. However, the parking situation was not shared with me till i was checking out. I arrived late and asked where I should park. The valet said I'll handle your car and took my car. I felt I had no other option, but I did. I used valet services twice to get my rental car and once more to park it. When I got my bill for parking, it was 124.00 (62 dollars a day). I asked price when I arrived and was told "I'm not sure valet will add to bill." I figured 30-38 but 124 is absurd. Manager at renaissance said oh well there is a sign way down at end and sorry you did not see it. That is unacceptable. Especially when I asked price and was not given a direct answer.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Cheryl-
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our valet parking rates. I can assure you that our parking rates remain competitive with surrounding hotels and parking garages. Unfortunately, parking your car in downtown Chicago can add up. Our parking rates are posted next to the hotel entrance on our valet stand, on our website, and should be quoted by our valet team. If these rates were not quoted to you when you asked, I do apologize on behalf of the hotel. I hope the parking rates did not impact the rest of your stay with us, and hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable. If you return to Chicago, please contact me and I can recommend a website that shows parking garages and rates near our hotel. I can be reached at 312.372.7200.
Swedesboro, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time to Chicago and we selected a great hotel. Right on the river, near Michigan Ave., walking to many attractions and restaurants. Staff very helpful. Wonderful river view. Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to river view if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here on our vacation in Chicago for two nights here before moving to another hotel in another section of the city. This hotel was fabulous. A perfect location. Incredible views from our State Street window on the city and the Chicago River. Right in the heart of everything, this hotel was a perfect home base as we explored the city from the top of the Loop to the bottom and both sides. Our room was luxurious, clean, comfortable, cool and well taken care of by the staff. The staff was fabulous and attentive to any need. We would definitely stay here again on a visit to Chicago. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: We called and asked for a great view after booking our room. They were very helpful and while not gi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Right on the Chicago river, close to Michigan Street, great service, with a very friendly staff. The food was very good, compared favorably with the much more expensive Peninsula. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: River side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I spent labor day weekend on Chicago. This hotel is ideally located to explore the city. The river walk is right across the street, several subway lines are withing 5 walking minutes and the new DIVVY bike-share location is across the street. Grant park is also within walking distance and several boat architecture cruises leave only 10 minutes away from the hotel. Since it is located in downtown, you pay a premium rate (most likely $200+ per night), so you need to decide how mich money you are willing to spend for this convenience. The staff was friendly and knowledgable and the amenities are as expected for this type of high end hotel. The only word of advice I would give is make sure you do not get a room adjacent to the elevator banks. Unfortunately my room was in that location and it was quite noisy.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Renaissance Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!