“A Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Raffaello Hotel

Save Saved
You added Raffaello Hotel to your Saves list
Raffaello Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #78 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Wantagh, New York
“A Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We chose this hotel because we were on a tight budget and we were able to get a good deal. Look for specials where you pay in advance - if you are 100% sure you will be there - they give a good price, but it is non-refundable. The hotel is in a nice, old brick building that was recently renovated. The staff is nice, but I think they have a communication problem - the housekeeping staff seemed to think we were checking out every day... I don't know what that was about.

You pay for WiFi, except in the lobby. The rooms are well appointed and the beds are comfortable. The pull out sofa bed was not very comfortable, according to my son. Our room had a walk-in shower with one of those rainfall heads. It's ok if you like that sort of thing. I did not like that you had a step up to go into the bathroom and the door did not close properly. Also, there was no vent fan, so the mirrors get fogged when you shower. There is a fridge in the room with lots of over-priced items in it - no better or worse than anywhere else, I suppose. They will serve you breakfast in your room, but be prepared to spend a hefty amount for it. They do not have the option for breakfast elsewhere in the building. There is a cafe on the first floor that sells coffee, juices, and donuts. Not my idea of a healthy breakfast - although I did try a donut one day and it was excellent as a one time treat. There is a gym on the 2nd floor. Three treadmills, an elliptical, some weights. Good basic stuff.

Probably the best part is that it is about a block and a half from Michigan Ave - THE main thoroughfare in the Magnificent Mile neighborhood of Chicago. You have about a 6 block walk to the nearest Red Line subway station; 2 stops from there and you are in "The Loop" and can connect to most of the other "L" lines. There are tons of bus lines in the area - so getting around is really easy. If you have not been to Chicago, do some research on their public transportation system - CTA. Purchase a Ventra Card at Walgreens or one of the stations. A 3-day pass is 20 dollars. Well worth it.

Hey, this was not the Ritz Carlton, but it was a pleasant stay anyway. When returning to Chicago, this hotel will definitely be on my short list to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sarah B, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the Raffaello Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the neighborhood, the amenities, your room and our staff! On the other hand, we are sorry that some of the sleeping arrangements were not as comfortable for your son. We do hope you will return again soon!

918 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Such a great hotel! Very caring staff, the rooftop bar has terrific views of Chicago! Super shopping & restaurants within a block or two. Rooms are all equipped with 'fridge and microwave, Keurig coffee makers, too.

• Stayed June 2014
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Raffaello hotel! We hope to have you back again soon.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hotel Rafaello is a beautiful oasis that is extremely well situated near fantastic food, shopping, and walking along the lake. The staff are friendly, helpful, and eager to please. The rooms are very well apportioned, with wonderful amenities. The drum bar is a wonderful bonus at the top of the hotel.I look forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Raffaello Hotel. We are so glad you had an enjoyable experience. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the area, staff, drumbar and the rooms! We hope to see you back again soon.
Stanwood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Raffaello Hotel in Chicago last week. I was traveling on business, and it was nice to stay at a boutique hotel for a change. I found the service and the accommodations to be wonderful! I was upgraded to a suite, which never happens to me, and I was so pleasantly surprised to find that my room was like an apartment. It made my business trip so much more comfortable than my usual routine. I found a little kitchenette (great for keeping and re-heating my left overs), a great floor-plan with a great desk space to work, as well as a comfortable living room area for relaxing after a long day. I also found the bed to be very comfortable and the bathroom was large and had plenty of space for all my "stuff." As one of the other reviewers mentioned, there are only 2 elevators, which are small, but I did not have any problems while staying there. There is a very nice little café with coffee and donuts in the lobby, which I found to be very delicious and very convenient as I could grab a bite and a coffee on my way to work in the morning. I would most definitely stay at the Raffaello Hotel again for business or leisure! It's a great location, near shopping, restaurants, and easy access to the freeways. This was my first stay, but it will not be my last!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sarah B, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us at the Raffaello. We are thoroughly happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning! We are glad you liked your accommodations and the location of the hotel. We look forward to having you again!
Ft Lauderdale, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great location just on the northeast side of the John Hancock building and a block from teh water tower on Michigan Avenue. Bar upstairs with roof top seating is also very, very nice and popular. The room and accomodations were nice, large room but everything was tired and not in great shape.

Room Tip: North or west view (even numbered rooms) and higher is best, lower east and south views get to see...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as our bar. However, we are sorry to hear of your impression of the accommodations and look to improve upon these conditions. We do hope that you will return again soon!
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great hotel, right next to John Hancock building and steps away from the Magnificent Mile (Chicago's best shopping street)The little coffee & donut cafe in the lobby is brilliant for a grab and go breakfast.

Our room was gorgeous & the whole place was kept in really great nick! Very little to fault here!

BUT my one gripe was the price of the restaurant! We got room service one night as we had eaten a big meal during the day & just wanted something small (and small it was!!!) I got a caprese salad & my husband got a bowl of penne.....$66!!! Which it was so not worth!

Otherwise, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a stylish, comfortable place to stay in the AMAZING city of Chicago!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us at the Raffaello. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, your room and Go Glazed. On the other hand we are sorry to hear your experience with the restaurant attached to our hotel did not meet your expectations. We do hope you return for another visit so that we may ensure an even more enjoyable visit.
Peoples' Republic of Boulder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here when we went to Chicago for the Am. Anthropological Assn. meetings. We had to take a cab to the meetings but the location is very convenient otherwise. Just a block off the upper end of the Magnificent Mile of Michigan Avenue, there is plenty of shopping and eating, plus access to Lake Michigan, the John Hancock building, and the subway to the airport. The room we had was a bit small, but fine, and the beds were good - nothing to complain about. On the 18th floor is a very trendy - and also very loud - nightclub called the DrumBar. It seemed to always be packed by younger locals with music blaring, but they made the best Pisco Sours I've had. The bartender went to great lenghts to get it right - broke a fresh egg, separated the white, shook the dickens out of it, topped it with a circular design of bitters. Expensive, but delicious when taken back in the room.

Room Tip: There is a convenient, small coffee shop off the lobby. Don't miss it and run off to the John...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Raffaello, and it's wonderful surrounding area. I am also glad you enjoyed the Pisco Sours at Drumbar, as they are some of my favorite cocktails! We hope you return again soon for another stay with us!

Been to Raffaello Hotel? Share your experiences!