“Fantastic Family Hotel in Great Location!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #76 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Maplewood, NJ
“Fantastic Family Hotel in Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

We just returned from a trip to Chicago for a wedding, where we stayed at the Raffaello Hotel. It was truly a wonderful experience. We were traveling with two small children, so I was worried that the staff would be unaccommodating to us and all our gear (double stroller/pack and play/etc.) as the hotel itself is very sleek and posh. It was exactly the opposite, from the doorman to the bellman to the front desk/concierge staff, everyone treated us so wonderfully. They even gave me a rose on Mother's Day and a small gift to our two year-old. The location could not be beat - one block from Michigan Avenue, and literally around the corner from other hotels that were twice the price. Our room was spacious, even luxurious, with many amenities. We opted for a suite given our two children, and there was plenty of room for all of us (and the babysitter during the wedding). I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and we will definitely be back!

• Liked — The room was wonderful
  • Disliked — The elevators were small
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

My mom and I recently did a mother-daughter weekend to the Windy City and stayed at the Raffaello. It was a wonderfully charming, unique, classy hotel and we couldn't have been happier with our stay and experience there. The staff was extremely friendly and efficient. We arrived at 10:00 AM and they waved the 4:00 PM check-in time so we could immediately get to our room. The rooms were very, very nice and they had an excellent shower with luxurious bath amenities. We had a stunning view of the John Hancock building from our spacious room. I have a bad back and I'm used to sleeping on a Tempur-Pedic bed, but their beds were extremely comfortable and they used high quality bedding and linens. The concierge was extremely helpful in guiding us with public transportation.

We ended up with a cheaper rate booking directly through the hotel's website (cheaper than calling the hotel) using our Triple A membership, but www.travelocity.com, had some excellent rates for this hotel. Definitely worth checking out.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay here and would definitely stay here again as well as recommend it to other travelers. The location cannot be beat.

• Liked — The room amenities and the wonderful rain shower head
  • Disliked — The slow elevators
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

I stayed at the hotel on Business over a weekend and partial work week. the hotel is very up dated with a freindly staff willing to help. They originally put me in a very small corner room, I should say extremely small (#1116). I asked the front desk about it and they put me into a regular size room. Very help full. On line it said they have a restaurant on premises, I didn't see one. I did see they provided room service but I didn't use it. Rooms have flat screen HD televisions and have all updated bathrooms (great showers). High speed internet with a business center. Small Continental breakfast seems to be free then you'll see a $15 charge per person when you check out. Location is right behind John Hancock Tower, 2 blocks from Michigan Ave. Also, there is a nice Hilton Hotel "tavern" just across the street that is open late for food or drinks. Great stay, great location, nice staff! Easy in and out to experience Chicago, seems to always have cab ready if needed!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

My husband and I just recently returned from a business trip in Chicago. We stayed for four nights in one of the suites at the Raffaello. The hotel is beautiful, our room was large and spacious and the management and staff was impeccable. I am writing this specifically to tell of one incident. I am an apparel wholesaler and I had many samples with me. On the day we departed, three key samples went missing and I was naturally upset since these samples were crucial to my business. I was incredibly upset and showed that to the Assistant Manager as well as George, the General Manager. They treated my situation with the upmost grace and professionalism and offered to reimburse me for the samples or whatever was necessary to make me happy. When I returned to Los Angeles, I found the samples as they were mispacked in my personal belongings. Needless to say, I was horrified and ashamed. I called George to express my sincere and humble apologies and he was nothing but gracious.

I have stayed at the finest hotels in the world and I can say with the absolute certainty that the Raffaello is one of them. Thank you to George and your staff for a terrific stay and for being so understanding. Best, Jacqueline Lee Rose, Class Showroom LLC, Los Angeles, California

• Liked — The service, the staff, the rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

Several girlfriends and I were on a weekend trip to Chicago. The Raffaello was a fabulous location. We were accessible to all the great shopping and nightlife of the Magnificent Mile while being in a boutique hotel that was more private and quiet. The service was great and the room size very generous. We had a suite which allowed us to enjoy being in the room and did not force us to use it only for sleeping and getting dressed. We relaxed in the room with a bottle of wine between shopping and our dinner out. It was a great setting to connect with special people in your life while being in the heart of a vibrant city. In addition to enjoying my girl's weekend, I could see myself enjoying the hotel with my husband or on a family trip with our three kids. I highly recommend it.

Stayed August 2007
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

Wonderful location and style. Being a smaller facility, you don't feel like your walking forever down the halls to get to your room.
Wish there was a restaurant in the building. They also didn't provide a Sunday paper with the shopping ads - it is on the "Mag Mile".

Worth the stay.

Stayed March 2008
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

We stayed at the Raffaello over the Easter weekend and had a wonderful experience. The great location is obvious, but we also experienced a very helpful and friendly staff.

My wife noticed her wedding ring was missing about 5 minutes after we left the hotel. We called the front desk and told them that we thought she had left it on the sink and would be coming back to retrieve it.

It turned out that the ring was buried in her cosmetic bag and was not left at the hotel at all. We were gratified (and sheepish), however, that housekeeping in the meantime had started turning the room upside down in an attempt to find our lost property. We thanked them very much for their diligence.

We also find the doormen to be friendly and engaging. When we called for our car at the end of the stay, it was ready immediately.

I hope all of our hotel stays this year are as enjoyable as this past one.

• Liked — Location, service
  • Disliked — No restaurant
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Raffaello Hotel? Share your experiences!