“Stayed for business reasons” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Raffaello Hotel

You added Raffaello Hotel to your Saves list
Raffaello Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 East Delaware Place, Chicago, IL 60611 (Streeterville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #73 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“Stayed for business reasons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Decent location got good price thru 3rd party reservation. Was abit concerned of the hotel based upon reviews. But was satisfied. Bathroom is small and not layout properly. Bed was decent and was relatively quiet.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Potomac, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I read the Tripadvisor reviews and I was nervous about staying at this hotel. What a pleasant surprise. I called and spoke to Aida a day before I checked in and told her of my concerns. We had a beautiful room. The room was clean, not at all shabby and well appointed. We had a refrigerator and a microwave. I do agree with other reviewers, the shower door does not work well. You are half cold and half hot the entire shower and water does go on the bathroom floor.

Staff is wonderful. Gym is good. I would like to see them get a few exercise balls and some more weight equipment.

Please go wireless for no charge throughout the hotel!!!

I look forward to staying at the Raffaello next year!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that ends in "02".
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the Raffaello based on a Groupon we purchased. The location of this hotel is great – located right behind the Hancock Tower, one block from Michigan Ave. Our room was located on the 16th floor without a view, the shower needed some maintenance but the room was clean. The bed was comfortable and there was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. Unfortunately during our visit there seemed to be some problem with the heating/AC because our floor was at least 80 degrees during the entire stay. People on our floor had their doors and windows open. We had to sleep with our window open even though it was only 25 degrees out.

A big con was there were only two small elevators that can make coming and going very slow.

Valet was prompt and the front desk staff was very friendly, however, not overly eager to help. When I complained about the temperature of our room – all I got was “oh – ok”. I expected an “I’m sorry or we will look into it” or something more. It didn’t give me great hope they were going to act on my complaint and at that point I was glad we only decided to stay one night.
While the Groupon made it worth the stay, I wasn’t impressed enough to pay the normal $350-$400 for a future stay given the surrounding hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Don’t stay on the 17th floor – we went up there to get ice and you can hear the noise from the 18th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha R, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their experience while staying with us, thank you. We are located in a truly fantastic location. Close to all that one might want food, drink, entertainment and shopping. But where our guests can enjoy the peace and quiet of the surroundings as well. I am, however, sorry to hear of your
complications you faced while staying with us. I assure you our entire team is here to make our guests feel comfortable and at home. The problem you faced in your room has been addressed and we hope to see you again to go above and beyond your expectations.
Barrington Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We enjoyed almost every single thing about our stay at the Faffaello Hotel in Chicago.
Car valet was quick every time; the staff were always very friendly & helpful. The room was
wonderfully appointed. The donut shop in the lobby was frosting on the cake. Only downers
were the very small elevators that are slow and the music volumn in their Bar was so loud that shouting was mandatory to get service or have a conversation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Room was on 14 th floor. Elevators are very small and take forever to get up and down. Rooms are small for the price. Pics on web page look better than what we saw. Staff was great, slower than normal check in process. Drum bar on 18th floor was very nice and swanky. Didn't care for the North end location. We have stayed all over Chicago and I would give this hotel a 5/10. Our room was Ethiopia hot and I had thermostat turned down to 60 degrees.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gurnee, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

One of my family member is coming here for the first time and I wanted to take them to a nice hotel that's close to everything. I wanted to book this hotel for this upcoming Monday from all the wonderful reviews, but after I read all the reviews from this year I'm on the fence. Would you guys recommend this place???

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Raffaello a couple of years ago and it was a very nice hotel at that time, however, not so much any more. The room was clean and the staff was always friendly but it really needs some updates. We had a suite and it just felt run down. Paint chipping off of the baseboards, outlet not working for the coffee pot, bathroom grout chipping and stained.

We stayed two nights and we didn't get any coffee the second day and the mini bar fridge that I raided didn't get replenished either. The location is great and the price was right ($120/nt) so that made up for the shortcomings. I would stay again if they made some effort to keep it updated, but there is no shortage of hotels to choose from in this same area. Overall it was still a nice weekend getaway and we weren't really in the hotel that much anyway.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Raffaello Hotel? Share your experiences!