“Best stay in Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Chicago to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 N Michigan Ave, on Water Tower Square, Chicago, IL 60611 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast at the Park
Ranked #8 of 171 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best stay in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here a year ago but I hope to return soon! Every hotel I have stayed in since I compare to my stay at this one. Let's just say I think I will be comparing for a while. The stay was amazing! The staff was very helpful especially allowing us to check in early. The view from our room was incredible to wake up to and see at night. Great location with lovely layout to the room for a romantic and comfortable stay. Wish we would have been able to check on NOMI but had already made other dining plans. Hope to return!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the water tower for a unique view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Polish first
Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Staff was friendly. Service was exceptional. Location was perfect. Awesome value considering it is a five star in the heart of the city. Room was perfectly clean with all the amenities. We will be back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have only glowing things to say about this amazing hotel. I have traveled to Chicago for business numerous times and stayed in various hotels. I have never had a better hotel experience than this one. I had planned a 2-day trip to Chicago for my husband's birthday, but was a little concerned about us bringing our 3 children, ages 3 and under. I called the hotel ahead of time to request the needed crib and asked if they had an infant tub. The concierge didn't think they had any infant bathtubs, but the woman I spoke with stated that she would put the request in the notes. I'd also requested car service to the concert my husband and I were attending (a very nice amenity). The phone call was a pleasant one and made me look forward even more to our arrival.

When we arrived, we were greeted with warm smiles and helpful hands as we unloaded all the things from our minivan that go along with having 3 small children. The lobby was beautiful and the woman at the front desk greeted us with a cheerful "happy birthday!" for my husband. She asked our newspaper preference and told us about the pantry in the lobby with coffee/tea in the mornings and hot apple cider in the afternoons. We immediately went over and got some delicious apple cider and bite-sized muffins that the kids adored. Everyone was friendly with our children, which we appreciated.

Our room was a beautiful lakeview room with the most amazing view of the lake and the water tower. It was spacious, clean, and comparable (if not better) than other five star hotels where we've stayed. The pack n play had already been set up, and the infant bathtub was in the bathroom with towels and a box of baby toiletries. Nice touch. After settling in, we heard a knock at the door and champagne was brought in for my husband's birthday. This is the kind of treatment that will bring me back to this hotel again and again in the future. The car (BMW) was waiting for us at the scheduled time and our driver was so nice.

The kids thoroughly enjoyed swimming in the pool, loved the comfy pillows on the bed, and got a kick out of the view from our room. The beds were so luxurious I didn't want to get up in the morning. Although we didn't try NoMI this time, I had been before and adored it. The location of the hotel is in the middle of everything, as other reviewers have noted, with any shops/restaurants you'd want within walking distance. I was especially delighted to see my absolute favorite clothing store directly across the street (Anthropologie).

I look forward to our next trip to Chicago and will definitely be staying at the Park Hyatt.

Room Tip: The view from the water tower/lakeview rooms is spectacular.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and sharing your review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time during your stay. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the pool, car service and our complimentary goodies in the library! I hope that your husband had a memorable birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Regards,
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a stay recently at the Park Hyatt in Chicago located in the Magnificent Mile. The staff was great! The front desk lady who checked us in was very personable and chatting with us about our plans during our stay (in a genuine manner not the fake chatty feel). Then she went in the back room to get our 5 year old a nice little welcome bag with a rubber ducky and binoculars, He loved it! The Front door team were polite and even called inside ahead of time as we unloading from our car service to the front desk so they knew who we were when we came inside to check in. It was the numerous little things like that made this hotel such a joy to stay at.

Our room was great and is worth paying for the Park view or water tower side (same thing.) We were on the fourth floor and loved it. We asked for a few things from the front desk like a roll away for our son, and a fan to make a little noise at night to sleep easier. They happily accommodated us without issue and responded within a few minutes bringing the items to our room.

Finally on our last day we had a late flight out and we asked for a late checkout, asked for them to hold our bags because we wanted to squeeze in one more tourist trap before our departure (They did not charge us for any of the things we asked for). They happily accommodated us again and as we were leaving to go down to the attraction the front desk lady (same one that checked us in) informed us that it might rain that afternoon and that she would get us an umbrella for our excursion. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone headed to Chicago for a visit!

The location was phenomenal! We could easily walk the entire Magnificent Mile. catching a cab, train, or bus is ultra easy too. The room was clean large and had a great bench seat built into the large window which our son loved! Very comfy bed and nice two head shower.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Water Tower side and maybe a few floors up (above the fourth floor). We were on...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Park Hyatt Chicago and sharing your review. I appreciate your comments about our staff, I am glad that you that found them friendly and helpful. I am also very pleased that you enjoyed your view and found the room well-appointed. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Chicago!

McGregor, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I wish I could be more enthusiastic about this hotel but particularly compared to other Park Hyatts, this was a disappointment, even compared to the Hyatt Place River North it was a let down. OK, a great location, if you want to shop and the lake view rooms have good views and lovely beds, towels and toiletries but service was not what I have experienced at Park Hyatts in other parts of the world. The food in NoMI was very good, but on my first visit service was poor, however to the hotel's credit, after a complaint, they responded very positively and subsequent visits (with Joey as a server) were excellent. Would I choose to stay again? Unfortunately no.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel and what a location!! It is right in the middle of the Magnificent Mile and across from the Water Tower.

We were upgraded to a spacious and beautifully appointed room facing the Water Tower. The bathroom was pure luxury and the Neroli line from Le Labo for the personal amenities was just heavenly. The free in-room WiFi access was a definite plus too.

The shops at Water Tower are minutes away, as well as plenty of dining options; Nordstrom Rack is right opposite the hotel.

Very happy with our choice.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and posting your feedback about your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed our amenities and found our location convenient. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Very best,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago for just one night and had an outstanding stay. I booked through AMEX FHR and got a nice dining credit and free breakfast. Jennifer at the concierge cannot be beat! Now my only problem is trying to get stay credit from Hyatt!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Park Hyatt Chicago? Share your experiences!