“Great Location just a little disappointed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

You added Park Hyatt Chicago to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 N Michigan Ave, on Water Tower Square, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast at the Park
Ranked #9 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Location just a little disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am a loyal Hyatt traveler and always look forward to staying at a "Park" and have never stayed at the Chicago property so when a business presented itself I took it. But it sadly stopped there.

The lobby is somewhat darker in true Park style but the acoustics leave a lot to be desired. Front desk and concierge top of their game in true "Park" standards. But thats where it stops.

My room had a fairly good view, but as a businessman that travels three times a month, I look then move on! The room itself had a large stain in the middle of the floor and if I was not in such a hurry for a meeting would have changed rooms. The bathroom was large and well laid hour, however strangely the "amenities" were in the closet on a tray? Strange, then there was no coffee maker, just as a previous commenter said. That is strange as well. It's a business hotel and no coffee? UGH

Then at 8am there is knock on my door, the maid wanting to clean up my room, not good. Then no paper, So NO coffee, NO paper and the maid knocking on my door at 8am , not good. For the price that is charged one would expect better.

On the flip side, warm, inviting and a Park, just needs a few things. would I go back, Yes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the Park Hyatt Chicago.
We apologize for not mentioning that we do have coffee and espresso makers, they are available upon request. We also have a pantry area in our Library that has complimentary coffee and tea for guests until 11:00.
All LaLabo toiletries are placed in the bathroom and additional amenities (slippers, toothpaste, robes) are found in the closet.
We also apologize for the inconvenience of not receiving the newspaper in the morning and please trust this feedback will be brought to the attention of our front office.
We hope to welcome you back in the future for an opportunity to restore your confidence in the Park Hyatt Chicago.

Regards,
Walter Brindell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
El Segundo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Loved the location...super convenient for shopping and eating. Loved the giant bathrooms - so much so, I had to run down to Macys and buy some LUSH products to enjoy in the ginormous bathtub. Everyone was friendly. On Sunday morning I just wanted a glass of sparkling and maybe a small cheese plate selection....but they are NOT flexible at brunch. I was told it was brunch or nothing. I was willing to sit in the outlying area or the bar but the answer was still NO. Come on...you expect more from this calibre of property.

Room Tip: Corner room = good but I did overlook the roof...so I would ask for a view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Düsseldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed there during a business trip and got a room on the 18th floor. The view was stunning, the room more a suite than a room, with an Eames Lounge Chair, a huge bed, a desk and a real big bathroom. The staff was more than friendly and warm. The perfect location - within the shopping district, around the corner you will find beautiful small restaurants, you almost feel like in Italy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Park Hyatt Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and were able to advantage of our wonderful location.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Regards,
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Wife came in from Boston and we escaped to this beautiful hotel. Kind and welcoming staff who went out of their way. Everything was clean, perfect and ran perfectly. There are little perks everywhere. A coffee bar and drinks are set up to welcome new arriving guests. The Nomi restaurant had a wonderful brunch and then complimentary foods in their adjacent lounge. The location is perfect as was the actual room.
We had a 10th floor East facing room with a partial lakeview and full view of the Watertower. There is a swank hot tub. We were surprised with a bottle of sparkling grape juice, and made to order chocolates.

I will be back and thank you for the wonderful weekend escape.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Five star Service.. Boutique hotel experience. Beautifully appointed room overlooking Lake Michigan, comfy bed, great shower and a spacious bathroom allowing my husband and me to get ready at the same time without being crowded. What more could you want?? Fabulous gym and spa , great restaurant and the the friendliest most attentive staff anywhere. This will be our only choice while visiting Chicago!!

All hotel employees called us by our names, and our last name is a difficult one, yet they pronounced it perfectly. We loved the breakfasts in Nomi restaurant, which was both a great restaurant and fun spot for a drink. The views were outstanding. The outdoor cafe has a sweeping vista of Chicago and is chic and trendy.

Room Tip: Although we heard sirens at night which is unavoidable in a big city, ask for a high floor , corner...
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Debby,
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and posting a review of your recent stay. I am very glad that the service we provided you was excellent, you appreciated our stunning views and you enjoyed breakfast at NoMI.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Took my young daughter to Chicago on a shopping trip, the American Girl store, Blue Man Group, and other attractions. The service and room at the Park Hyatt were some of the most impressive parts of the trip. The room had an amazing view. The automatic window shades were cool. The deep tub and giant shower were luxurious. The valet and desk staff treated us like royalty. This was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Coronado, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We enjoyed our April stay at this property. It had everything you would expect from a Hyatt and for the price EXCEPT an in-room coffee maker. I was disappointed when we couldn't find one in our junior suite. It may be because our suite was an ADA compliant room? Not sure. Anyway, the furnishings, view, service and toiletries were all great. I also was very private and quiet. We slept great. I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Chicago? Share your experiences!