“Typical Park Hyatt Awesomeness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

You added Park Hyatt Chicago to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 N Michigan Ave, on Water Tower Square, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Suite Experience
Ranked #7 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Edmonton, Canada
“Typical Park Hyatt Awesomeness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Highlights:
- Warm inviting staff
- One of the best beds you will ever sleep on
- NoMI Kitchen has THE tastiest grilled cheese sandwich in the world (according to me).

Details:
From the moment you arrive at the front door of the Park Hyatt Chicago it feels like you've been enveloped in a cloud of comfort. You're just there and guest services takes care of the rest. Next thing I know I'm on the 18th floor in my Park King Room (which is plenty for someone traveling solo). Things I notice are the fabulous marble entry way, sliding door that opens the bathroom into the living/bed area (making the room feel more open and spacious) and if you forget your toiletry bag at home there's everything you would ever need in the room (except for deodorant). Spa staff are helpful but I only use the fitness area which is luxurious because all the cardio equipment have TVs integrated into their screens and the drinking water has delicious raspberries in it. With the Park Hyatt Chicago it's about the little details throughout the hotel and the great staff that make the stay worth every penny. Important Closing Details: if you want a tasty drink try the Part and Parcel at NoMI. Seriously, it's dangerous in a good way (same goes for the grilled cheese, ooooohhhhh yeeeaaahhhhh mmmmmm).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
PH_Chicago, Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words about Park Hyatt Chicago! Your opinion is important to us and we are pleased to know you enjoyed our guest room amenities and services. We take pride in delivering the best customer service to our guests and your satisfaction is our reward. We do carry deodorant for our guests, however it is on request and not stocked in our guest rooms. I have passed along your fabulous praises about our NoMI Grilled Cheese on to our associates, especially our culinary team as they will be to know you enjoy this menu item so immensely! Thank you for taking the time to write a review in our favor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chicago in the near future.

communications.chiph@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I recently traveled to Chicago and stayed at the Park Hyatt. The property itself is beautiful and the rooms are spacious and modern. What sets this Hotel apart from other comparable properties is the level of personalized service offered to guests, from the bell and taxi personnel, to the concierge, management and cleaning crew. Everyone was extremely friendly to my family, something you don't often find in upper scale properties. The location is fantastic. The food at the restaurant was delicious. We arrived late and were offered dinner in the lounge. Again, the staff in the restaurant was very friendly and helpful. When we return to Chicago, we will again stay at the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful remarks in regards to your stay at Park Hyatt Chicago. Your opinion is important to us and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your room as well as our other amenities and services. Most importantly, we are thrilled to learn you overly impressed with our associates and the service they provided. We take pride in delivering the best customer service to our guests and your satisfaction is our reward. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review in our favor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chicago in the near future.

Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

FIrst, let me start by saying I'm not a Hyatt fan, but I've found Park Hyatt's to be a distinct step above in amenities and luxuries over your typical Hyatt hotels. This property did not disappoint. It has a lot going for it. A great location, terrific rooms with luxury baths, impeccable service (by the doormen and front desk), friendly staff, very clean and beautiful furnishings. Even complimentary internet!

I didn't give the hotel 5 stars for a few issues...one that really is just a function of its great location across from Watertower Place. There is a fire station with an ambulance a block away. It must be the busiest station in Chicago because they had a call literally ever 30 to 90 minutes both nights I was there. Although I couldn't hear a sound from any other room, I was woken up continuosly by the sirens wailing by the hotel when I was trying to sleep. Others in the hotel complained of the same problem.

I was at the hotel for a business meeting and we had food catered by the hotel for both breakfast and lunch. It was good, but I wouldn't say it was great, given the price. I would venture out of the hotel for dinner.

My only other issue was poor service in the hotel bar.....which was annoying given there weren't many guests in the lounge. Our server was very nice, just moved the pace of a snail.

Overall, you'll really like it hear provided you're a sound sleeper or there are few fire calls!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
PH_Chicago, Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about Park Hyatt Chicago. Your opinion is important to us and we are pleased to know you enjoyed our amenities and services. We would also like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations while you dined in NoMI and NoMI Lounge. Please know that your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members to avoid a reoccurrence. We take pride in delivering the best customer service to our guests and your satisfaction is our reward. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chicago in the near future.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a genuinely luxurious and relaxing hotel that does a great job of anticipating your comfort -- intuitive design in the bathroom, windows that actually open on high floors, bowl of apples on the credenza, toothpaste waiting in the toiletries kit, best steam room maybe EVER - but doesn't lay it on so thick and indiscriminately that you become paranoid by a level of coddling obviously out of proportion to your importance in the overall scheme of humanity. The staff is efficient and polite without being overly fancy schmancy. The lighting is good, which is so important, and can be adjusted from bed by a button that raises and lowers the various drapery, making one feel by turns extremely lazy and powerful. Equally slothful/empowering is the sliding wall separating the giant bathtub from the bedroom, which enables one to perform puppet shows or covertly splash one's boyfriend with hot water while he is sleeping.

I highly recommend the indoor pool/spa area - muggy during the summer but I bet it's JUST the thing in winter. Also, the room service Mac & Cheese from Nomi was off the charts.

Room Tip: Even higher floors get some noise from the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Katie,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Your opinion is important to us and we are very pleased to know you enjoyed the various amenities Park Hyatt Chicago has to offer. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review in our favor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chicago in the near future.

San Luis Obispo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Location, location, location! The Park Hyatt Chicago is in fairly close proximity to Millennium Park, The Art Institute, the El train, etc. I chose this location to celebrate my husbands 50th Birthday while in Chicago for a few nights en route to New Orleans.
Upon arrival, check in was quick. I indicated to reception that our luggage was lost and was told we would be notified when it arrived. Within a few minutes we were handed our room keys and were on our way.
Our room was located on a high level, facing Lake Michigan and the Water Tower. The view was beautiful. The room itself was nice but nothing special. Something had been spilled on the front of the dresser from a previous occupant that should have been cleaned prior to our arrival. The bathroom was quite large, however the tub did not open up towards the bedroom with the wonderful views that I had seen prior in so many other reviews. The bed was ultra comfortable. Our first morning at the Park Hyatt Chicago, we made use of the workout facilities. The gym was clean and well stocked. Fresh towels and cold water were provided and the staff was quick to make sure things were spic and span.
Later that afternoon, I contacted reception to see if our luggage had arrived, as I had done periodically that morning. The hotel employee I spoke with asked if we had been offered toiletries while checking in, as I had indicated our luggage was lost. I replied that no offer was made at check in. Within 5 minutes a hotel employee was at our door with a tray full of necessities that allowed us to freshen up for the evening. That gesture was very much appreciated!
While readying ourselves for the evening, I received phone calls from the bellman, front desk and concierge indicating that our luggage had arrived. Yeay! The staff was on top of it! They had our bag to our room very promptly. Great communication!
Upon returning to the hotel on our second evening, we were both a bit surprised to find that there had not been turn down service.
Overall our opinion of the Park Hyatt Chicago was...where some employees exceeded expectations, others dropped the ball. As we made a special detour en route to another location to stay in Chicago, I felt a bit let down. After all I did notify the hotel many months in advance of our arrival and that we would be celebrating a special occasion. Not once was my husband's 50th Birthday recognized.
C'est la vie!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
PH_Chicago, Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Pam,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Your opinion is important to us and we are very pleased to know you enjoyed our various services and amenities Park Hyatt Chicago has to offer. I am glad to hear our staff was able to provide you with your lost luggage in a timely manner, but we are disappointed to know that there was a stain on the carpet in your room as well as that turn-down was not provided. We appreciate the feedback and having the knowledge that some of our associates exceeded your expectations while others fell short. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused as we truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chicago in the near future.

Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have frequented Park Hyatts in Washington, DC, Johannesburg, and several others. One always has high expectations for a Park Hyatt, but somehow they don't seem to quite measure up. This one more than makes up for the others. Great job of rescuing me and my rental car during rush hour and whisking me in out of the hubbub in front of the hotel. Big welcoming smiles, fast handling of my luggage and a warm greeting at check-in. Was upgraded to a corner room with a great view of the lake...the room was virtually soundproof as I heard nothing once the door closed.

Breakfast in the morning was more of the same, warm greetings, fast and friendly service, great eggs benedict, I was offered a selection of newspapers and was not rushed nor prodded in any way.

The room was quite spacious, spotless with modern understated decor. Ice bucket was full, all the lights and fixtures worked perfectly, the bath facilities were spacious with top of line amenities. It may seem routine, but finding a top of line hotel where it all works -- the room, the staff, the restaurant, a nice shoeshine, quiet, great view -- is the exception. And this is an exceptional hotel.

When I returned that evening, I had to check out though I had reserved two nights, not just one. Without prompting, I was given a one-half night discount that they did not have to give. They said they hoped I would come back and stay for the duration the next time. My car was waiting when I exited and I wished I could have stayed. Chicago can be trying, and while I have enjoyed stays at other downtown hotels, this one will bring me back. It is the professionalism and the attention to detail that wins the day at Chicago's Park Hyatt...it may not be perfection, but it's as close as I have experienced.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the lake, the view is superb.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words about Park Hyatt Chicago! Your opinion is important to us and we are pleased to know you enjoyed our amenities and services. We take pride in delivering the best customer service to our guests and your satisfaction is our reward. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review in our favor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chicago in the near future.

Yaatrika
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

In my experience Chicago hotel rooms are often a bit of a let down, but not the room at the Park Hyatt. The staff were friendly and helpful. Honestly the only disappointment is that breakfast was supposed to have been included in the rate I booked, but the hotel would not honor it, saying that the rate was currently unavailable even though I had already booked it. A relatively minor thing, except it turned out the only other option for breakfast in the hotel was an omelette at NoMI that cost $40 with tip. That being said, it was a delicious and pleasant meal, and service was excellent. I look forward to returning for dinner. Getting back to what's important, though, the room was very large, modern and clean. The climate control worked well. Nice touches that were appreciated included electric window blinds; wifi (I still can't believe any reputable hotel would charge for it, and the Park Hyatt did not); a very large, clean and comfortable marble bathroom; a large bathtub and separate enclosed shower with two nozzles. The seventh floor fitness facility was excellent. It offered a surprisingly nice selection of good equipment and supplies like clean towels and fresh ice water with fruit and mint infusions. The locker room was also a very appropriate space. There was an overall clean, modern and luxurious feeling to the entire hotel. I wish I'd had more time to spend and hope I'll have the opportunity to visit again soon; next time for pleasure.

Room Tip: You can almost not avoid the downtown Chicago fire sirens that just seem to run incessantly all nigh...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words about Park Hyatt Chicago! Your opinion is important to us and we are pleased to know you enjoyed our amenities and services. We take pride in delivering the best customer service to our guests and your satisfaction is our reward. I have shared your comments about the rate and how it should have included breakfast with the appropriate team members to avoid another reoccurrence. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review in our favor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chicago in the near future.

communications.chiph@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Chicago? Share your experiences!