Public was an excellent choice for our time in Chicago. The hotel itself was very gorgeous, and seemed to have an extremely popular bar and restaurant downstairs. The rooms were well sized and clean. It offered free wifi but only for one device at a time, however the lobby had free wifi as well which we made use of. The staff were also very welcoming and pleasant. We only had one issue on checkout where we were charged for dinner at the restaurant when we hadn't dined there. Luckily this was sorted out before our checkout and we weren't charged. The location of this hotel is also good, it's a bit of a walk to magnificent mile but it's in the most gorgeous neighbourhood, it's a pleasure to walk through. Overall I would happily stay there again and recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PUBLIC, conceived by Ian Schrager, is an entirely new class of hotel. Its fundamental attributes are innovative, sophisticated, authentic style; spot-on, personalized, empathetic "essential" service; lasting comfort with complete functionality, all at an affordable price and offering tremendous value. For the first time, this type of hotel experience will be available for everyone and anyone who wants it ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Hotwire, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your PUBLIC Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago