This is my second review for this hotel - which overall is one of the best hotels in Chicago no doubt. My 'poor' rating is due to one single reason only and I want to warn other travellers of this annoying thing about this hotel. Do not accept ANY rooms ending in '06' or along the East side of the building next to the alleyway. Several mornings now, and this morning a Saturday, the garbage dump truck comes at around 6:45 AM - yes on a Saturday morning at such a time! This means you hear the truck working the dumpsters in the alleyway for about 20-30 minutes while they unload the many recycling and garbage containers. Really not cool for the hotel management to let this sort of thing happen. On a weekday morning it didn't bother me so much cause I was getting up early to go to work, but on a Saturday morning? You just can't excuse this. So, get a room away from this alleyway.
Hotel aside from this is amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PUBLIC, conceived by Ian Schrager, is an entirely new class of hotel. Its fundamental attributes are innovative, sophisticated, authentic style; spot-on, personalized, empathetic "essential" service; lasting comfort with complete functionality, all at an affordable price and offering tremendous value. For the first time, this type of hotel experience will be available for everyone and anyone who wants it ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your PUBLIC Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago