“Great weekend at the Intercontinental” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Chicago

You added InterContinental Chicago to your Saves list
InterContinental Chicago
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   505 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #81 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great weekend at the Intercontinental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was recently in Chicago for work and also a little play. My company, HST, had our yearly meeting in Chicago and everything was at the Intercontinental. From the moment I arrived, everything the company arranged and the hotel provided was perfect.
I walked into the hotel on Friday afternoon and got checked into my King Tower Room a couple moments later. A bottle of wine and chocolates were waiting for me And I have to say, it was sweet! The bed and pillows were super comfortable and the view was choice.
After getting back from the bar that night, we went up to the party at the hospitality suite, which was a nice end to the evening…. another party.

The meeting for the company took place on the 7th floor the next day. The hotel and my company, Healthcare Solutions Team, put together a very informative and inspiring day. The hotel seamlessly dealt with every transition of the event (from the meeting - lunch - magic show -- cocktail hour -- dinner -- and Chris Gardner (the speaker)).

Sunday morning, I needed to get my shoes shined. The guy at the hotel was not working on Sunday, but the bellman at the hotel said that Nordstrom had a guy just across the street that could do the job. He did. Any time I picked up the phone in my room, the staff member would always answer with: "How can I help you __Mr.__My Name___". I just loved that. The hotel was on point.

I will definitely be going back to the Intercontinental. Their staff does an excellent job of making you feel welcome and they go out of their way to provide the great service.

Aaron E. (HST)

Room Tip: Get a King Tower Room or better… It was sweet!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this property for 2 nights in November 2013. We were in Chicago for a sporting event and for a little shopping. Great location for shopping. Bar area in hotel had great food?

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the alergy free rooms. I did not have any trouble with my allergies while I was...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very clean establishment with courteous staff. Rooms were very good size; however, bathroom was a bit small. Lobby and bar area were inviting and the historic building was beautiful. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The staff and management do not care about you or what happens to you during your stay. We booked 4-nights and checked out after the first night. Checking in at the front desk, you're greeted by people who hate their lives. Go down and try to relax at their lackluster in-hotel restaurant/bar, Michael Jordan's Steakhouse, and notice that you're accompanied by miscreants. While dining at their restaurant, my purse was stolen from my seat... $5k in total losses! Frantic and upset, I called the Chicago Police Department to file my case. As soon as the Chicago PD showed up to the hotel, the hotel security attempted to stop Chicago PD from coming in, claiming that they "had the situation handled." That’s an obstruction of justice and I’m extremely suspicious that not only was this an inside job but that this happens often. I spoke with hotel security and management to try to get footage from the restaurant so I could identify the criminals. Hotel security left to go to the back rom to check the surveillance tapes and NEVER CAME BACK. Then hotel management had the audacity to tell me to “email the manager”… No apologies, no consolation, no cares given. We checked out immediately and I was left with a terrible taste in my mouth. I have never had such a rotten experience in my life. I will never go back to this establishment. BOTTOM LINE: There is no customer service at this hotel. You are treated like a subhuman. The rooms are old and in need of a renovation. Don’t waste your money here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guestxx323,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I recently stayed At the intercontinental in Chicago on the magnificent mile. I was there for two weeks an everyone was absolutely amazing. The gentleman at the front desk was the best. Marcus made sure I felt like royalty and was definitely my go to guy. Mr Anderson made sure there was no wait when I was headed to work bearing the brutal cold. Kibrom & Keenan made sure my bags were safe an sound when I had to leave them behind wether I was shopping or going to work on the last day after I had checked out. breakfast was delicious, both chefs made great omelets and While Senad and Filadelfo made sure my cup was never empty an I was ok. But the sweetest gesture was Dinca giving me a rose on valentines day. I was feeling a little down because I was away from my loved ones. Every year for a few weeks I have to stay at the intercontinental hotel an every year my stay is a good one. Every one should ask for Marcus he by far the most accommodating host I have met in the 15 years I have had the pleasure of encountering. This is one of my favorite places to stay!

Room Tip: The new tower is beautiful
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had a question regarding a current upcoming reservation. Lori at reservation # not only answered my question but informed me that I had a free night from my Chase points account. she went out of her way to first cancel current reservation and rebooking it as a FREE night. great news as I will be staying there on the last night of my extended trip. Way to go LORI!

Room Tip: stay in historical tours , rooms have been updated and it's best of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I spent one night at the Chicago-Intercontinental in February. Check-in was easy and straightforward. Overall, all the hotel employees I interacted with were polite and helpful, although the garage staff was easily confused and temporarily lost my car. My main concern is that the rooms are dated and dark. I stayed in one of the tower rooms which had not been renovated in some time and had only one small window in the corner. Perhaps there are renovated rooms in other sections of the hotel which would have been better. I would recommend that anyone who stays at the Intercontinental ask about that possibility.

On the positive side, the location is central and convenient to everything.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kyiana, Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear AmyTRS

First of all i would like to thank you for your feed back about your stay.I truly apologize regarding on your stay that you have are not happy about your room.Yes we have two towers located in our property one is newly renovated and the other tower is currently under renovation.Thank you for your feed back

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any of your reservations in the future

Most Sincerely

Aravind Gudidevuni

Assistant Front Office Director

Been to InterContinental Chicago? Share your experiences!