“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Chicago

You added InterContinental Chicago to your Saves list
InterContinental Chicago
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   505 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #71 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Columbia, South Carolina
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great location -- walked to world-class restaurants every night, across the street from Nordstrom. Great room with a fantastic view of Michigan Ave and the Chicago building. Friendly and generous service on every level. Special shout out to Clive at the door -- made me feel welcome from the first moment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

After the absolute worse stay in Chicago a few years ago at another hotel I believe it was the Drake?? My Husband and I decided we wanted to be where all the action was this time for our visit to the windy city. He chose The Intercontinental and I choose the Park Hyatt, my choice was a little more modern while his historic. We checked-in with no wait at all the desk agent was nice made us aware of all the services the hotel had to offer (You pay for the gym and internet fair warning) we were put in the new tower (there's two) the room was small, carpet not so pleasant, overall a blah experience.

Went to the desk a little after dark to ask about switching hotel towers since the sole purpose of us staying here was to be on the historic side and was greeted by Xavier/Avier? with his plucky charming american spirit. Switching towers was painless and we had a new room the next day before the check-in rush. He also informed us this would be the side of the hotel where the fitness center was located. (This tower has a MUCH better view). I informed the receptionist the wifi was a little unreliable and he took the charge off without hassle and offered to further assist me.

Our stay after that was a breeze sadly even though we were right on Michigan avenue, there's not much action this time of year in Chicago especially with the weather. Next time we stay will be in the summer not just for the location but for the easy service and nice employees like our housekeeper who did a great job at respecting our note we left.

Still the best location in Chicago to stay, shopping and food right outside the door. Also the Navy Pier and Hancock building with the Signature room all walking distance. The Concierge were spot on about the shopping, what a pleasant delight!!

Room Tip: Use the historic tower Be ready to pay for fitness center and wifi
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights in February and was more than pleased that I'd chosen this hotel!
There are no negatives here at all!
Check in very quick and effortless, room was large, exceptionally comfortable and well equipped!
Swimming pool was awesome, I didn't use the gym (although I really should have!!) but appeared to have all that would be needed.
All staff I encountered from front desk to housekeeping to bell staff were totally efficient, courteous and very professional a great asset to the hotel!
Probably the best location on Michigan Avenue! Would definitely stay again next time in Chicago and would highly recommend to anyone.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

When arriving at the InterCon I was greeted with the up most respect and friendliness from the valet and the front desk. Upon check in my IHG Rewards status was acknowledged and my room was upgraded to a beautiful suite overlooking Michigan Ave. The room was absolutely gorgeous. It was spacious and spotless, my two favorite things when traveling! You cannot beat the location right off magnificent mile and the hotel is very convenient when driving. The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is the charge for parking. I have stayed downtown before and I do not recall paying more than $65 for one night.

Other than that it was perfection! Thank you:)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our daughter was married here around Christmas 2013. We could not have been happier with the events office and the front desk office. The two departments worked together to see that our 100+ guests were well taken care of. Not one guest had a complaint. Jaclyn Cosantino, our hotel event coordinator for the wedding, was the consummate professional. Anticipating every possible situation and need and taking care of them with a calm and in charge approach. We felt in very competent hands with Jaclyn, she made sure everything was seamless. Malcolm Moore, the guest relations manager was very attentive to any requests. All of the hotel staff was very concerned about our comfort. We couldn't recommend it more.

Room Tip: The older part of the hotel is the original Masonic Athletic Club from the early 1900's. The arc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CAMBRIDGE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

As others have posted, this hotel has a wonderful location - at the lower end of the Magnificent Mile, it's easily accessible to the Loop as well as the rest of N. Michigan Avenue. We stayed in the modern part of the hotel and the rooms are fine. I was surprised, however, to find that I was charged $12 to use the gym ($16 for the full stay). There is no extra charge for the pool. Internet was quite expensive ($18/day) and I was charged almost $3 for a phone call. I'd called the concierge to book a message in the hotel and he connected me. It turns out the message service's office is outside of the hotel, so I was charged for a toll call! When I complained about the gym charge and the phone charge, both were taken off my bill, but who wants to have to fight over charges? A woman in the elevator told me she had the same experience (gym charge removed after a complaint). I'm not sure I'll stay here again - loved the location, but don't want to pay for services that are included elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Kyiana, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Soozeeg,

We apologize your experience did not exceed your expectations during your stay. Your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate department(s) for further review. Please rest assure your response is appreciated. If your schedule permits, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you again!

Malcolm Moore
Guest Services Manager
malcolm.moore@ihg.com
Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in the top floor. We had a common lounge room with free internet and aperitifs to enjoy during the day. The location was great, our room had a view to the Lake Michigan! which was awesome! we could see the Pier from there.

Everything was perfect, until we went to sleep. There was a strong noise coming maybe from the walls (maybe the piping system?) we never knew what was it. We reported it three times from our room and we never were contacted back or the issue was not resolved. We had hard time going to sleep.

Let me say, that we rented three rooms, and our family who stayed on those other rooms, did not have any noise issue. Their experience was much better than ours.

Overall, I loved the comfort and location of the hotel but disappointed of the lack of attention to our complain. That is it.

Room Tip: Have a room on the east tower and on the east part of it, looking at the Lake Michigan! or looking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to InterContinental Chicago? Share your experiences!