“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Chicago

You added InterContinental Chicago to your Saves list
InterContinental Chicago
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   505 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #81 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Centreville, Virginia, USA
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great Service, great people and great location. Rooms are spacious and kept clean. Bathrooms are large and well kept and supplied. Hotel is located on Miracle Mile with some expensive restaurants but staff was able to direct me to places a few blocks away that fit my company's reimbursement rates. Overall great hotel. Only issue I had with it was lack of storage space for clothing other than what you would hang up. Not geared for week stay that I had but the businessman overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Great location, right in the heart of downtown. The staff were helpful and room was clean and neat. The shower was a bit odd, water pressure drops suddenly sometimes and switch from hot to cold too. Overall a good stay, glad we were not facing Michigan ave, it could get a bit noisy.

Delaware, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

From the moment Clive opens your car door till the day he says goodbye, you know your someplace special. Enjoyed staying in the historic building with great views. The room was spacious and the bathroom quite large. I joined the intercontinental ambassador club. The fee was made up on our first stay. Really great hotel. In the complex is Eno is someplace special. Wine and cheese flights allow you to try different tastes. A bit on the pricey side but a nice treat. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The beds here are great! The hotel entrance is very impressive. This is my favorite hotel in Chicago. It's close to anything you would like to do. I just love this place. Stay there the next time your in Chi town...

• Stayed November 2012
Cleveland, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was the 2nd time in four years I have stayed in this hotel. The staff were attentive and very helpful, but I didn't get that "I will come back here" feeling, just like I had the first time I was a guest. Next time I am in Chicago on Miracle Mile I will seek another hotel. The hotel itself just isn't comfortable to me. I wish I could put my finger on it, but I can't. I think my money would be better spent in another venue.

Room Tip: Higher up to get away from street sounds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kyiana, Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Ms.Paula N

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our guest’s leave satisfied and we try our best to ful fill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by any of the areas. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Aravind Gudidevuni

Assistant Front Office Director
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I typically find the older historic hotels are nicely appointment and modern, but miss a few details as part of updating that give away the age of the hotel. This was not the case. This hotel sweated the small stuff and gave you the impression they wanted every detail to be right. Other than the fact the rooms are not cookie cutter size/shape, they lack some historic charm, but make it up with the fact that you will not deal with an ancient A/C system or rickety old elevator.

I booked through Hotwire as a last minute deal, but still managed an early check in and upgrade to the historic tower. I forgot my phone charger and was able to leave it with the concierge over night to charge. That would be my only complaint. They should just keep chargers to lend. I am sure plenty of guests leave them in the rooms.

I would stay again (at a Hotwire price), but for those are not frugal and expect the best, I suspect the regular price is worth the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for historic tower
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at the Intercontinental for Lollapolooza festival 2013. Hotel is beautiful, pool is gorgeous and great location on Michigan Ave. Only comment is the rooms are quite small and the beds even smaller. We had four people in a room and the double beds were almost like a king single. Great wine bar in the lobby and Michael Jordan's steakhouse which we'll have to try next time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to InterContinental Chicago? Share your experiences!