“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here a few times when visiting Chicago. Good hotel. Very Clean. Good location. Great service. Would come back and have! Chicago is an amazing city. My all time favorite. So many things to do in the Windy City.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you enjoyed your most recent stay at our downtown Chicago hotel and found our location to be ideal. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

3,496 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The common areas in this hotel were totally opened up with interesting lighting effects at night. Not surprising to find some architectural flare in the architecturally resplendent city of Chicago, nonetheless it is surprising what an effect this has on one.
The rooms were adequately spacious with comfortable furnishings and decor--I shared my room with no problem. Even though my room was on the 22nd floor I still couldn't see the Lake out of my window. The frozen Chicago river, yes!
Service was top notch in every sector.
I do recommend this hotel if you want a high-rise in the heart of downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your great review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you were able to experience our newly-renovated hotel in downtown Chicago and you experienced top-notch service. We hope to welcome you back during your next visit to the Windy City!
meath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

we stayed here for a couple of nights during over honeymoon trip , on arriving at check-in and learning we were there on honeymoon we were immediately given a room upgrade , room was excellent and had great views of the river and the lake, breakfast buffet was very good and set up nicely for our days exploring Chicago, ate in the restaurant one evening and it was delicious, the staff were excellent ..overall we had a great stay, thanks folks...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Congratulations on your marriage and thank you for your feedback regarding your honeymoon stay at Hyatt Regency Chicago! I hope your honeymoon was more than you imagined it to be. We hope to host you again for your next romantic getaway!
Niceville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went to Chicago for 7 days. We chose the Hyatt because of reputation and location. Pros: the location is great. 1 block from Michigan Avenue. I felt very safe walking around at night. The lobby and the Big Bar are very impressive-looking. The little cafe has great coffee and snacks. The room looked nice. That's all the positives I can think of. Cons: the furniture in the room was broken. The desk and entertainment center were propped up on each other to keep them from falling. There were only 2 very small drawers in the entertainment center to store clothes. The bathroom samples were never replenished and we were given only 2 towels a day. The thermometer could not be manually changed. It was very hot in the room especially at night. The last night was New Years Eve and the management decides to not allow access to the elevators unless you had an wrist band. We had been staying in this hotel for 6 nights already and had never been given any wrist bands. We had to go to the front desk and wait in line for 30 minutes while others checked in. I was furious!! This left a bad impression with us because there were no apologies, only a "deal with it" attitude. I believe that this is a decent hotel as long as nothing goes wrong. If it does, their customer service is less than par.

Room Tip: Our room was 2980 and we had a small view of the river.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with the appropriate staff for staff training opportunities. We hope to have an opportunity to host you again for a future stay.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family stayed here for two nights starting New Years. First the positives:

1.Great location to museums and Michigan Avenue.

2. The hotel staff was prepared for the craziness that is New Years Eve. There was staff everywhere and they had a plan to keep the guests safe at night and keep certain people out.

3. The place has tons of bars/restaurants in the lobby.

4. Their fine dining restaurant is outstanding. Great service, food, and fine wine.

5. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

6. I was glad that they acknowledged my Hyatt status and were able to get me an extended room for two of the three rooms that I had reserved. I gave them to my parents and in-laws.

7. Even though it was a busy time and there were tons of people drinking and partying, I didn't hear any noise once I was in my room.

The negatives:

1. The parking is too expensive. One of the more expensive ones in the downtown area. It's just not worth it. The wait time for my car to arrive was almost 40 minutes! To be faier, it was bust having been New Years Eve/day. Still, for $59.00 they could have run it through a car wash or something.

2. The place is HUGE! This really isn't a negative at all. I prefer a bit smaller and fancier hotels. This is a great place to stay if you are attending a conference. I would come back if I were hanging out with friends for the weekend or was going to convention there. It just seemed too big and although the people watching was interesting, it was just too packed. Not really a negative, but I might consider another hotel for a more fancier, "high-end" stay, perhaps the Park Hyatt or the Four Seasons.

3. Although I do appreciate the upgrade to the higher floors, my corner room was very small. I was surprised by this. I have stayed at a few Hyatts in the US and this was the first small room that I had encountered. Think smaller than an Aloft hotel. The room was really small.

All in all, I would probably stay here under certain conditions, but the price was good. It is a good hotel for conventions or if you were having a guys/girls weekend out and you wanted to hit the nice bars/restaurants/local attractions. Not a place if you want to spoil yourself a bit,

Room Tip: Make sire that you tell them that you have Hyatt status. The staff did a nice job of trying to upgra...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm happy you chose to stay with us for your New Year's celebration. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were on the 20th floor, amazing view, it was spacious and pleasant. It was great my experience at this hotel. The only thing was the wifi. They charge extra cost for wifi in your rooms and you have to go to their lobby to enjoy it but the rest was wonderful. If I ever come back to Chicago I'll stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your 5-star review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! It's so great to know you were able to enjoy an amazing view from your 20th flow guestroom and that you plan to come back the next time you visit Chicago! Hopefully your next visit isn't too far away!
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed for three days after Christmas 2013 and it was very quiet. The room was clean, the staff friendly, and the location is a block from "the magnificent mile". Our room was cleaned and toiletries restocked each day. The staff were happy to help us check in (they have traditional check in as well as computerized checkin). The gym was very nice, no waits for the equipment or machines. We didn't eat at any of the on site restaurants but did stop by the self service market area they had. Prices for food/coffee were on,par with normal Chicago pricing. The only downside was the lack of free wi-fi in the room. It's free in the lobby and common area but you'll have to pay for access in huge room. We would certainly stay here again as the location to millennium station, shopping, and dining could not be beat.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday stay with us and that you plan to stay again! We look forward to having you back soon!

Been to Hyatt Regency Chicago? Share your experiences!