“A Great Headquarters for your visit to Chicago!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Chicago

You added Hyatt Regency Chicago to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Chicago
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Museum Package
Ranked #89 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pickering, Canada
“A Great Headquarters for your visit to Chicago!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I usually stay further downtown on my visits to Chicago but because of a good rate from Jettsetter we stayed at the Hyatt.

It is a great location right beside the river with a view of the city. It is right on Michigan so it was handy for shopping and places to eat. As well we wanted to take a boat tour which was right outside the hotel door.

This property is the largest hotel in Chicago and you can expect it to be noisy and it is but we chose a high floor and had no problems at all.

The room was spacious and very clean with a good view of the city.

The elevators were fast and we never had to wait very long for one to come.

The hotel staff is very good and you cannot stand still for a moment without someone asking you if they can help.

I think I will stay here again the next time I am in Chicago.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors because there is always a convention going on.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay at our downtown Chicago hotel! I'm thrilled to hear you had a great time and found our location to be great. We look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to the Windy City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (943)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
kalamazoo, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed on a busy Friday night in mid October and enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel. It's happening without being chaotic, and the public areas are well kept. Our room was in the east tower and was spacious for a Chicago hotel. Very clean, updated and quiet. Have stayed at several other comparable hotels in the downtown area and would choose the Hyatt again. Easy walking to great shopping and restaurants in the Magnificent Mile area as well as down to Loop shopping. Valet Parking is $59 overnight with in and out privileges, pricey but typical for downtown hotel. Good choice hotel for couples, tourists, business. Staff helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room in east tower
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you had an enjoyable time at our downtown Chicago hotel and found our location to be ideal for shopping on the Magnificent Mile. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Sizable rooms, great location, clean, pretty quiet. Seems to cater to business travelers, which was not why I was on this particular trip, but that didn't bother me. Enormous lobby, bar and restaurant. Very friendly staff and we were able Roche k in early around 1pm which was really convenient.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for you review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate your early arrival to our downtown Chicago hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

First impression in the room was Musty. But oh well. When I was trying to connect to wifi it would not work. I called the help desk and they told me that is was $10 per day. Other places offer that for free. I forgot my tooth paste and they want to charge for that too. I bet other places have better service

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Quick summary: the spacious room felt very fresh with well thought-out amenities. Staff very friendly and professional, and on top of things (even dealing well with the Chicago Marathon weekend!) Very good restaurant in hotel and easy walk to Chicago Art Museum, shopping on N. Michigan Ave, restaurants, and other attractions.

I was in town for a conference, over the same weekend as the Chicago Marathon. So first off, the staff at the desks were great themselves for check in/out and other questions at the concierge desk, but the staff did a great job helping with out conference shuttles that had to alter routes as the Race interfered with typical flows. My high compliments all around!!

I stayed in room #968, a spacious king with a nice city view of the Chicago River as it near Lake Michigan. The room feels well thought-out for modern needs: lots of easy-to-access plugs on a spacious work desk; target lighting near the beds for reading; good closet and drawer space. The wifi worked well and smoothly (complimentary with my rate, but a $10 per day service charge otherwise.) All the usual amenities of a good business class hotel: coffee/tea set up; iron/board; in-room safe; overprices minibar; etc. There was also a long list of things you could ask for by request at no charge (e.g. robes, but I had brought my own.)

The bathroom was a pretty good size with enough counter space to spread out yours things. Nice quality toiletries; good towels. I was happy to see a bathtub; I'm not a fan of shower-only rooms when I've had a long day.

Excellent housekeeping throughout.

There are a number of good restaurants in the hotel, from high-end Stetson's steak house to a grab-and-go venue. I particularly liked the Craft restaurant for a late lunch, which focuses on local ingredients -- very good pulled pork sandwich,among other options of salads, sandwiches, and plates. Nice cheese board selection, wine list and craft beers.

My only complaint is that this area is near the bar, which is essentially a sports bar environment surrounded by TV's, and the hard surfaces don't help the noise level. It can get quite loud at night -- okay if you want to watch a game with friends, not if you want a quieter place for dinner or quiet drink. If you don't want to go far, try the Khyber Pass restaurant, which is accessible through a hotel lobby escalator and serves very tasty Pakistani food in a comfortable environment with excellent service, or one of the nearby hotels that have quieter bar and restaurant environments.

I almost downgraded my rating of this hotel for that noise-in-the-lobby and restaurant reason, but was too impressed by how the floor staff helped to guide us to our conference shuttles on the semi-chaotic morning of the Chicago marathon race. They handled the situation as best they could, and did a great job.

The location is very good -- easy walk to Chicago Art Institute, theater district in the Loop, restaurants and State Street, and the higher end shopping of North Michigan Avenue,

There is a Club level, but I did not book that level of room.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the Chicago River has a nice view of the river, nice cityscape, etc. They called th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm so happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience at our downtown Chicago hotel and found our location to be ideal. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Rockford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Request Jason Jones at the front desk. He is a living example of service exemplified. Arrived very early on a Saturday morning (coming from Grand Rapids, MI area, forgot about the time change of an hour) in January 2013 for a convention from the American Dental Hygiene Association which is located in Chicago, with my artistic teenager daughter in tow. She came along to check out Columbia College and most of all, a visit to Chinatown. Upon being graciously greeted by Jason at the front desk, I inquired on what was the check-in time which is standard at most hotels late in the afternoon. The plan was for my daughter to use the internet in the lobby while I was in the seminar until we could check-in. Here is where the service stood out from all the others. He asked me "What time would you like to check-in"? My response was as soon as possible to get settled in before the seminar, my tired daughter could get some more sleep, do the internet in our room and more importantly, I could get an hour rest (grateful for the time difference) before attending the event. Impressed to say the least, we were accommodated at once with a wonderful updated room and upon request, a gorgeous view of the other side of Lake Michigan where we live. (See Photos). Thank you Jason Jones and Hyatt Regency for the excellent customer service received on January 12, 2013 making our stay in Chicago an enjoyable and wonderful memory. Recommend the Hyatt Regency to everyone visiting Chicago and would stay in a heartbeat again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your 5-star review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm so happy to hear you experienced exemplary service from Jason Jones. He is certainly a valuable asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along your great comments. We hope to have you back soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nice view, beautiful lobby bar but the room is musty and our room next to the elevator is ridiculously loud. Staff is very friendly. Good security as you need a key after 10:30 to even press the elevator button. I would take a pass for the rate and stay somewhere else. Bathroom very small.

Stayed October 2013
Randy T, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at our property. Please know that your comments regarding odor and noise have been addressed with the appropriate staff.

Been to Hyatt Regency Chicago? Share your experiences!