“Great location, friendly staff,” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #75 of 167 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore, Singapore
“Great location, friendly staff,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Location is central. The staff were helpful and upgraded us on check in. The facilities are fantastic.
THis is a large hotel so if you are looking for intimacy - no way. Because of it's size there can be a considerable wait for an elevator to your room. I enjoyed the well equipped gym and the 24 hour cafe/shop on the east wing.
You are on the river and can run the trails and see the attractions all within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your great comments for Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm thrilled to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and our location to be ideal and central to top downtown Chicago attractions. We look forward to your next stay with us!

3,499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the Hyatt for 5 days and enjoyed it very much. Our hotel had a great view of downtown Chicago and the lake. (Good for pictures) There is free wi-fi in the room, nice bed and bathroom, and overall good accommodation. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable about the hotel and city. If you have a rented car, choose to self park, as Valet is more expensive. My only complaints are that the pool is an indoor lap pool with too much chlorine. It would be nice to have another big and outdoor pool for the summer. Also, when you left your room service to be taken away outside your door, it took much too long for them to get it and we had to call because it was taking to long. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Riverside, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here the night before the Blackhawks championship parade. We really lucked out when the team party ended up being at bar in the hotel. The hotel even allowed us to check out later to catch a glimpse of the party, players and cups.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the official Blackhawks party at our downtown Chicago hotel. It was truly a memorable experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Downtown Chicago and loved the hotel. Our view over lookind the Chicgo river and Lake Michigan was awesome. The hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating. The hotel and rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only negative was that the elevators were always busy and we had to wait in line many times for an elevator. Still a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm happy you were able to enjoy our newly-renovated downtown Chicago hotel and found our staff to be very friendly and accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you're in the Windy City!
Oak Lawn, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

To begin, I'm from the Chicago area a decided to spend the night downtown and enjoy some of the sites for a birthday celebration. Needless to say, I had a limited amount of time and each hour was very important. I called ahead the night before and confirmed EVERYTHING.

We arrived within 15 minutes of check-in time and were told that the room was not ready. The lady at the desk took my cellphone number and told me that the room would be ready in 30 minutes. I had flowers delivered and also ordered a refrigerator and they said that they needed a few minutes to get things ready.

After an hour at the bar with no call, I went up to check on the status of the room. I was told that it was "ready" but that the flowers needed to be placed in the room. They had been at the concierge for at least two hours already, as I confirmed delivery with the florist.

After delaying another 10 minutes, we went up to the room and found the flowers but no refrigerator. The Bellhop told us to wait about 30 minutes and to call if it didn't arrive, which it didn't.

I called the number and put in another request and was told to wait about 30 minutes...again. The fridge arrived in about 20-25 minutes. A few minutes later, we discovered that it was missing the shelves. We were already running late and just squeezed everything in the best we could.

During our wait, we discovered that the TV system was intermittent. We didn't come there to sit in the room all night watching TV, so we didn't want to wait for another fix.

Our morning started by realizing that the coffee maker was missing the filter/coffee holder...NOT GOOD. When we went to use the shower, we noticed A LOT of soap scum all over the wall...also, NOT GOOD.

During check out, I was asked for my paper bill, which I didn't have. I was told that it should have been slipped under the door but it wasn't. I gave her the run down on what my experience was and she took care of the $60 parking fee. As grateful as I was for that gesture, I was still very disappointed that our limited time there was disappointing, especially since the delay caused us to sit at the bar and spend an extra $40 that we would not have otherwise spent. The 2 hour delay in getting situated set the tone that should have been otherwise relaxing and stress free.

Most of the people were decent, as they work for tips. The location is excellent. We did not try the food but the people at the lower lever lobby bar were friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Collinsville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was totally irritated to find out that there is only one microwave in the entire hotel for guests to use. I was told in the east tower in the Marketplace is the only microwave available. This is horribly inconvenient for a hotel that has 2000 rooms. Also if you want a fridge it will cost you $25.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I love staying at this hotel. I've been lucky to book it the last three times on Hotwire. Before our trip, I contacted the hotel through Facebook, as a thank you, we had a beautiful view of the river and city. We love staying here because of the location and the atmosphere of the hotel. However, this time was even better. The hotel staff really goes out of their way to greet you and make sure you're not just a number with little things...like lemon or mint water set out for Sunday morning checkout. Also, the new remodel of the lobby, bar and restaurant area makes this place one of THE BEST places to just hang out. It's beautiful. Breakfast was included in our room, and it was AMAZING! Very European and lots of warm perfectly cooked food.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments and thank you for staying social with us! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay at our downtown Chicago hotel and found our staff to be great. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Hyatt Regency Chicago? Share your experiences!