“Great views of the city” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #79 of 168 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
illinois
“Great views of the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was a busy busy hotel but the staff was always very accommodating. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was very nice. Especially liked the lighted make up mirror! Very convenient to downtown shopping and sightseeing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you found our guest rooms to be comfortable and accommodating and our staff to be extremely helpful. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Windy City!

3,542 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Korean first
Reggio Emilia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've been there for a weekend and reserved my room on Onhotel.com with and offer for 100$. The room, at the 26th floor, was quite, very clean, clean and fresh smelling, with view on Michigan Avenue. The staff at check-in desk is kind and quick, guys at concierge at disosal for any request and Big Bob at the entrance is there to catch you a cab. Strategic position, close to the lake shore, in front of the Mag Mile, close to therater district....I'll be surely be back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I'm so glad you took the time to review Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! Our location next to Millennium Park, Michigan Avenue and Navy Pier makes for some great views from our guest rooms, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy them! I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to the Windy City!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had been in this hotel before but never actually been a guest. It is convenient to be attached to the Illinois Center and Pedway as you have a multitude of dining and shopping options without going outside. For those not familiar with Chicago, it is a great location. On the other hand, it is a huge property so it was a hike from the room to the fitness center.

I ate at the lobby bar and found my meal to be tasty and reasonably priced (open late as well). There was also a snack shop nearby where one could buy a frozen meal and use the microwave. The fitness center was large and modern. There was a bustling lobby bar and there was always crowds of people milling around.

The room was large and appeared to be recently renovated. There were lots of outlets, which aren't always easy to come by in some rooms. I found the bed to be comfortable. Unfortunately the phone didn't seem to work as I continued to get busy signals and I actually had to use my cell to call the front desk and room service. Also, as with most chains the tv had a limited supply of channels so I couldn't get some of the games that would be available on a full cable package.

I generally prefer a smaller property, but I enjoyed my recent stay at the Hyatt Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you were able to find our recently renovated guest rooms pleasing and comfortable. Our Food & Beverage on property is second to none and I'm so glad you were able to enjoy some! Our location is great; next to the Chicago River, Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue as well as connected to the Illinois Center. We have it all! We look forward to welcoming you back to our downtown Chicago hotel soon!
Davis, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Chicago for a blogging conference this November and the overall experience was excellent. The room that I stayed in was always super clean, had fresh towels, and the bed was very comfortable. We used a conference room and even there were other events going on at the same time, the atmosphere was very organized and calm. I loved the staff who served dinner and cocktails--they were friendly and kind.

I ate a superb dinner at the restaurant downstairs (I forget the name). Had one of the best burgers in my life! I would totally go back and bring my family for comfortable accommodation, great food, and top-notch service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you enjoyed your room amenities and our Food & Beverage services! I hope you're able to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Windy City! Cheers!
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was our first stay at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago. We were able to check in early upon arrival, which was much appreciated. Our room was the 2 Queens, as requested. It had some minor non-clean things - toothpaste spit on the wall next to the sink, dried coffee (?) spilled all down the nightstand, etc. Not a deal breaker but not pleasant to see either. The decor was nothing special but it was up-to-date. Our room was always quiet. The location of this hotel is superb and the price we paid was the lowest we have ever paid in Chicago. Our only complaint was the chaos of the lobby. It wasn't inviting to check-in, it wasn't pleasant to come and go, and it was a nightmare to check-out. I am hoping they are doing so renovations because it appeared that the front desks were in a temporary location. The lines were always long and the lobby was, in general, very packed and uninviting morning, noon and night. We have never experienced that at any other Chicago hotel, not even on the same weekend of previous years. I was thankfully able to figure out the self check-out kiosk while my husband wandered around trying to find out where we could check our suitcase until our train later in the day. Waiting in the snaking (probably 50 people as it wound around the lobby) line to ask about the luggage wasn't an option as half of our day would have been shot. So, in all our stay wasn't bad but when you leave on a sour note it leaves a sour taste. Not sure if we will stay again because it just wasn't a relaxing stay outside of our room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times over the years and, although its never been bad, the rooms had begun to show some wear. On this visit I was surprised by a fantastic re-model, comfortable beds and the usual great service. This hotel is in a fantastic location for business or vacation travelers and has a great bar overlooking the river.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It's so nice to hear you enjoyed our room renovations since the last time you stayed with us! We love the new modern decor and can't wait to unveil our lobby renovation in spring 2013! It will be a totally transformed hotel and we can't wait to welcome you back to enjoy it! We look forward to having you back soon to our downtown Chicago hotel! Cheers!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a business trip staying overnight at this property. A beautiful hotel right in the middle of downtown Chicago. The rooms were spacious, clean with comfortable beds. The hotel staff that I interacted with were professional and helpful. Loved that the hotel was a block from Michigan Ave. which was great for shopping and dinIng. Also, there was a very large conference going on during my stay and you would have never known as the rooms were quiet and staff again was great. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We love our location along the Chicago River and steps from Navy Pier, Millennium Park and the Magnificent Mile. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Windy City! Cheers!

Been to Hyatt Regency Chicago? Share your experiences!