I had been in this hotel before but never actually been a guest. It is convenient to be attached to the Illinois Center and Pedway as you have a multitude of dining and shopping options without going outside. For those not familiar with Chicago, it is a great location. On the other hand, it is a huge property so it was a hike from the room to the fitness center.
I ate at the lobby bar and found my meal to be tasty and reasonably priced (open late as well). There was also a snack shop nearby where one could buy a frozen meal and use the microwave. The fitness center was large and modern. There was a bustling lobby bar and there was always crowds of people milling around.
The room was large and appeared to be recently renovated. There were lots of outlets, which aren't always easy to come by in some rooms. I found the bed to be comfortable. Unfortunately the phone didn't seem to work as I continued to get busy signals and I actually had to use my cell to call the front desk and room service. Also, as with most chains the tv had a limited supply of channels so I couldn't get some of the games that would be available on a full cable package.
I generally prefer a smaller property, but I enjoyed my recent stay at the Hyatt Chicago.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Chicago
- Chicago Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- $90 million renovation completed in February 2011 with the unveiling of the new Navy Pier tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Amex, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel, Olotels, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.