“Great room / amazing price” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #82 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great room / amazing price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We took a little trip to Chicago just before Thanksgiving as a get away. This hotel had a special rate of $97/ nt during this time. It was one of the best deals I've stumbled on in quite a while. I'm not a huge fan of "top end" hotels as they charge for EVERYTHING. This Hyatt is no exception. I'm sorry, but $12.95/ 24 hrs for Internet access? Rip off. But the room was incredible with a fantastic view of the city. For that, I will give this place a top rating on service as the gorgeous young lady who checked us in offered it up at no extra cost (I don't want to get her in trouble just in case, so I won't mention her name)). For this reason alone - I will be back (that and the low room rate). Again, clean / modern / well maintained hotel. No pool or spa, but what the heck. The bed was fantastically comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for a high level with a view of the city (as long as they don't charge you extra for it).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! It's so great to hear you were able to stay with us at our downtown Chicago location near Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue! I'm pleased to let you know we offer a Word of the Week through our Facebook page. By mentioning the word at check in, you receive daily discounted parking and complimentary wi-fi for 24 hours! Our front desk agents are great at what they do- and we encourage name mentions via TripAdvisor so we can pass along your comments. (She definitely won't get in trouble for making sure your stay was great!!) If you're able to let us know who assisted you- please do! Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We are a family of four and spent several nights at this hotel. The hotel is located near Magnificent mile. It was important for us, because we wanted to see the lights parade. You can watch it in front of hotel or even from hotel's windows. You can walk to Navy Pier, Millennium park and Hancock's Observatory. It was important for us to have the internet. I know that it's not free of charge, but you can find on the Facebook page of the hotel the "secret" word of the week and get the free internet for the day. It took me sometime to find it there. You will see the calendar and the word in it. We participated in program of VIP guest of the day. It's working!!!! We got the free internet for all our stay. It was a nice experience to get welcoming card written by hand and yummy treat. Finally when we had to live and print our boarding passes, the man who helped with the printing services was very supportive. It was the best hotel that we stayed in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad you found our downtown Chicago hotel location to be so convenient to Millennium Park, Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue. I love our location and I'm glad you do, too! Thank you for being a social guest of ours! It has its perks! I'll be sure to pass along your great comments about our staff to management. I hope you choose to stay with us again soon! Cheers!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed in hotels all around the world and today at the Chicago Hyatt Regency I have received the best service I have been given to date. Jason Jones was helpful and efficient in getting me into a room that fit all of my needs. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow! What a great note about our downtown Chicago hotel! I'm so pleased you were able to stay with us and received excellent service from Jason. I'll be sure to pass along your note to him to make sure he received your accolades. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Windy City! Cheers!
Canfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed four nights at the Hyatt Regency on Wacker Drive in Chicago. The location is great in that you can walk to most major attractions in this great city. The room was comfortable and clean. I was most impressed with the staff who were very responsive. Food and drinks are pricey, but you are very close to nearby restaurants and bars that offer reasonable fare. Would recommend it highly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! It's so great to hear you found our downtown Chicago location to be most convenient to all major Chicago attractions including Navy Pier, Michigan Avenue and Millennium Park. I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Windy City!
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in 2000, and I found the service, amenities, and general appearance had suffered in the interim. A special request reservation that I had made and the hotel had assured me, via email, would be taken care of was denied at check-in time and again later when I complained to the manager on duty. I expect better from a hotel that used to be as good as this one once was.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a good view of the Lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Spent a couple days here for a conference. It was a nice hotel but very business like. I would not want to stay here for a weekend getaway. Very busy hotel - not a relaxing atmosphere.
service was great! The front desk was being renovated but they had someone right at the front door to guide you.
Within a couple of hours of arriving there was a car fire in one of the parking garages. Chicago fire department takes things very seriously in their city! At one point I counted 10 emergency vehicles in front of the building. It was a bit scary at first when the fire chief came over the speaker and told us to remain in the rooms due to an incident. However, they kept us informed which was much appreciated!
We did not initally get the king bed we requested and had to be moved to a room next to the elevator. It was okay for us since we had to be up early for meetings. I would not suggest a room by the elevators if you want to sleep in.
The front desk was helpful in printing tickets for us for a wrigley field tour. Taxi's were always available at the front door. The subway was a short walk from the hotel and we used that a couple of times also.
My only complaint is that there is not free internet in the rooms. Thanks to a previous TripAdvisor review I did find out that if you like the hotel's facebook page they do give you a password for one free 24 hour period of access. After that I was charged $12/24 hours.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the river. Nice view of the city at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor. I'm glad our front desk staff was able to assist you with your Wrigley Field tickets and I hope you enjoyed the tour! Our downtown location does offer the Word of the Week and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of that! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is an older property but updated every other year. The location is excellent for tourists & businessmen as the Hyatt Regency is located in the Heart of the City. The rooms are a little bit of a walk from the lobby but its worth it as the rooms have everything one needs.
The Lobby bar "Big Bar' is an amazing place to hang with friends or conduct business. The drinks are very expensive though. There's also a great Steakhouse at the hotel which serves amazing steak...

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room !
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! We love our location and I'm so pleased to know you find it convenient, too! I'm glad you were able to check out BIG Bar and dine at Stetson's. I'm happy to let you know we are remodeling our steakhouse and it will now be Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi. I can't wait for you to visit our downtown Chicago location again soon to visit the new Stetsons opening in December!

Been to Hyatt Regency Chicago? Share your experiences!