Hotel was nice. We booked on a week notice for a 2 night night stay in June and was hard to find any good prices for hotels in downtown Chicago so we tried this hotel after reading the reviews. It was still expensive but cheaper than most downtown hotels and the parking was cheaper than downtown. They have a shuttle that leaves every half hour (until about 10 or 10:30pm) and will drop you off up to a mile away. We had them drop of us a couple times at the blue line subway. We also walked to/from the blue line subway several times. It was about a 10 to 15 minute walk. We took that line to downtown Chicago all 3 days we were there and it worked really slick. The blue line had about 4 more stops to get to the main part of downtown. The pink line was even a closer walk but we didn't try that one as we were told to try the blue line. Rooms were nice and comfortable. We didn't pay the overpriced parking to do valet at the hotel for $35 but parked at the hospital across the street...$13.50 for 24 hours. We looked at hotels downtown and they were usually around $50/day for parking, so this was a good part of the reason for our pick at this hotel. We felt safe walking around this area too. We had dinner in Greektown, a mile or two away from the hotel before checking in. Little Italy is also suppose to be close. Chicago has a lot to see and wish we would of had more time and not such a long drive that took up a lot of our 3 day visit!
Pros: Close to two subway stops and near the interstate so it was easy to find. Close enough to downtown to get around easy without driving downtown.
Cons: Cheaper breakfast options. Free or cheaper wireless internet in the rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Chicago Marriott At Medical District/Uic Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Marriott At Medical District/Uic Hotel
- Marriott Chicago
- Chicago Marriott
- Marriott Chicago Downtown Medical District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel located opposite Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center & University of Illinois-Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.