We booked the hotel via Priceline, and got an amazing rate given the prices of downtown hotels.
We arrived into O'Hare, and boarded the CTA Blue Line which costs just $2.25 each. About an hour, and you arrive at either Racine, or Chicago Medical District stations, which are a 10min walk to the hotel.
Check-in was quick, and the staff extremely friendly. We did ask for a room with 2 beds but were told none were available. Saying that, 10mins after we got to our room we received a call to say they had freed up a room so we swiftly moved.
Room was clean, typical Marriott furnishings, and very comfortable. Really not sure what other reviews have seen here, but no peeling paper etc in this room (422).
The hotel provides a shuttle to local destinations such as Racine station, and other places. These leave on the hour, and at half past the hour.
10min ride on the CTA gets you into Chicago. Little tip, change at Jackson for the red line to head up to Michigan Avenue. The transfer between lines is free at this station.
We followed this hotel on Facebook and they asked us if we were visiting for a special occasion, which we were. A fantastic surprise was waiting for us when getting back to our room on the 2nd day. An amazing touch.
We didn't eat at the hotel as we were out most of the day and evening. For those wanting a quick Subway fix, there is one across the road in the Rush medical building, just on the corner.
We used the valet parking, which is $31 a night and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, also helping us to get a taxi on 2 occasions. $30 in a taxi from here to Midway. You can get the CTA but that would mean you heading into Chicago on the blueline, then changing to the Orange.
The service and quality received at this hotel was amazing. I can't praise it enough.
- Also Known As:
- Chicago Marriott At Medical District/Uic Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Marriott At Medical District/Uic Hotel
- Marriott Chicago
- Chicago Marriott
- Marriott Chicago Downtown Medical District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel located opposite Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center & University of Illinois-Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.