I had never stayed at this hotel before and to be honest I didn't realize that it would be so convenient a location when I booked it. It's an unusual set up where you enter the building and have to take an elevator up to the hotel lobby on the 5th floor. The hotel is housed on the 15-19th floors of the hotel. When we checked in they mentioned "corner view" room but I didn't know what they meant.. well.. if you stay here, get a corner view room! Two of the room's walls were almost completely glass. One view was of the river and the other towards the city. At night it was gorgeous!
Our first night there we didn't know where to eat and the woman at the desk suggested Lou Malnati's .. for it's traditional Chicago Style pizza. The restaurant was a quick walk to blocks over.
The next day we were able to walk to Michigan Ave, the Navy Pier and back to the hotel.
That night it was a $7 cab ride over to the Hyatt Regency for the event we were in town to attend.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I visit Chicago.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago - Mart Plaza Hotel Chicago
- Holiday Inn Chicago - Mart Plaza Hotel
- Holiday Inn Mart Plaza
- Holiday Inn Chicago
- Chicago Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza, a downtown Chicago hotel offering the best view of Chicago. River North, the Loop, Michigan Avenue, the Magnificent Mile, the Merchandise Mart, the landmarks that draw millions to downtown Chicago each year are right outside the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza hotel. Stroll to countless restaurants and shops in the Chicago's River North Area, or conduct business in Chicago Loop's dynamic business center. Plan a quick trip to downtown Chicago's Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park or Navy Pier. Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza hotel puts you in the heart of the downtown Chicago. Fifteen stories above the action, it's a high-rise haven of relaxation, convenience, and unbeatable service. At the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza Hotel each of our 521 guest rooms and suites are spacious, beautifully furnished with awe-inspiring city and river views. The Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza hotel offers 16 meeting rooms with nearly 25,000 square feet of modern, flexible function space, complete with the latest audio/visual technology and high-speed Internet access. The Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza hotel is located 3 miles to/from Chicago's McCormick Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HostelBookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago - Mart Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.