“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #46 of 174 Hotels in Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend of the Chicago Marathon. Very convenient location close to everything we wanted for the weekend. Modern Decor throughout the hotel and the rooms. Possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad you enjoy staying with us for the Chicago Marathon. We look forward to your next visit.
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while my husband participated in the Chicago marathon. I am a discerning traveller but have nothing but positive feedback to give this one! The location was excellent - we were able to walk to lots of shops/restaurants etc, had a view of the river and the concierge Anthony was exceptional. He booked me a hair cut which I was thrilled with in a local salon, my husband a sports massage after the marathon and generally made us feel extremely welcome - nothing was too much trouble. My husband ended up leaving his sunglasses behind in the room and they very efficiently shipped them to us.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Not sure if all the rooms have a river view but maybe worth asking just in case.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hello-
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we could be of service to you during your visit. I will pass along you compliments to Anthony.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago soon.

Warm Regards,
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife during Sep 2013. Good hotel at an excellent location.

Pros :
- good rooms + amenities
- excellent view of the river
- very close to shopping centers
- very close to clubs on river north ,,especially on Hubbard street
- this hotel is right on Chicago river
- walking distance to various attractions, restaurants, magnificent mile, millennium park, water taxi stops, Navy pier, etc.,.
- many restaurants close to the hotel and also on ground level.

Cons :
- No swimming pool

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors with river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hello--
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts and comments. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, your room and our location and hope that you had plenty of time to take advantage of all that Chicago has to offer. We hope you have the chance to visit again soon.

Take Care-
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you're traveling on business, this hotel is an excellent choice so long as you do not remain in the hotel room during the day. Rnovations were occurring from 9am to 5pm from Monday to Saturday. I was away each day from Monday to Friday and only experienced the sound of drills on Saturday morning, the day I was checking out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Mike S-

Thank you for your thoughts. We are wrapping up our renovations to better enhance our property for future stays and I assure you, we are doing all we can to ensure construction progress does not interfere with our guests. I do hope you will stay with us again, as I think you will appreciate our updates once complete.

Warm Regards-
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

In short, the rooms were lovely, construction noise was not an issue, and the staff was absolutely delightful to deal with. I really wish I could remember the name of the woman at the front desk when we checked in because she deserve special recognition. She was a tallish fair haired woman, so hopefully her employer sees this and commends her service.

My first visit to Chicago was a two night side trip after a flyball dog competition in Indianapolis. I was worried about finding a dog friendly hotel in Chicago after friends told me it was difficult and inconvenient. I was concerned my border collie, Badger, would not be welcome and we'd face difficulties.

I couldn't be more wrong! Badger was greeted by name when we returned from our walks and there was no problem getting a delayed checkout so he could stay in the room while we finished our blitz tour before catching our flight.

The valets/doormen were super, the staff I bumped into in the elevators were very helpful handling the doors for my elevator phobic dog and I to reach the 29th floor safely, and the front desk staff I simply cannot say enough good things about. The young lady who was at the front desk, I wish I could remember her name, on the evenings of the 20th and 21st was just so great. She had the answer to every question, from where I could walk the dog, to how long it would take us to get to O'Hare from there during rush hour.

I felt very welcome, very safe, and I slept very well (the down comforters are such a refreshment from the usual hotel blankets). I loved the rainfall shower heads as well.

There was a pet fee, the walls are a little thin, and the doors are a little stiff, but I had a great stay and will be back in the future, Badger too.

Thank you for making our first visit to Chicago such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Monika H-
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I believe the young lady you're referring to was Wendy at the front desk, and I will certainly pass along your compliments. I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you and Badger so hospitably, because that is exactly why we're here. We hope to welcome both of you back on your next trip to Chicago and thank you so much for staying with us.

Warm Regards-
Bob Holland

Been to Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront? Share your experiences!