“A fantastic Chicago experiance” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #46 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Atlanta
“A fantastic Chicago experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A frequent traveler to Chicago suggested the Hotel 71 ( the hotels name at the time ) when asked where to stay in Chicago. We had a fantastic experience, it is convenient to all shopping, dining and the public transportation system. The view from out window was a "classic Chicago city view" ( see pic I uploaded ) one of the rare times a room lives up to expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear mwcotton,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay, especially our location in downtown Chicago and views of the city. It's great to hear that we lived up to your expectations. I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

1,581 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Received a free upgrade at check-in for no reason at all! Bathroom was very big. Staff was nice, view was spectacular. Room was on the 27th floor so it was very quiet. Great place to stay right in the middle of everything in downtown Chicago!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 27th floor overlooking the river. Absolutely amazing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear susanlee07,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially our location in downtown Chicago, quiet guestrooms, and friendly staff. We try to accommodate upgrades whenever possible to help make our guests feel more at home. I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very good location, at the centre of Chicago. I had a room with an amazing view of the river and the skyline. The room was very big, clean and the free wifi was quick. The american breakfast was good although a little pricey for european standards. The guys at the reception always there to help you with any questions.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a view at a top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear General_traveller,

Thank you for the great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay, especially our location in downtown Chicago, spacious guestrooms, and views of the city. I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon!

Newcastle, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We visited Chicago & The Wyndham Grand this August for 4 nights with another couple. We were celebrating our 12th Anniversary (Aug. 4th) and their 14th Anniversary (July 31st) & only our 2nd trip away from our kids. Considering were were here the same weekend as Lallapalooza we were able to find a pretty good deal online through the Hotwire Mystery Hotel. Unfortunately the deal does not disclose that the hotel is under construction. This was no bother through the weekend but on Monday-Wednesday the noise started pretty early right outside below our window. Construction aside the hotel was pretty nice & a good value for the money . Our room was a decent size & nicely furnished. Our only issue in the room was the leaky shower as there was no seal on the bottom of the glass door causing the water to pool on to the bathroom floor each morning & a pillowcase that had an unwashed dried blood stain on it (which we promptly put aside) We never had any problems with the restocking of toiletries and coffee but our friends did not have their coffee or shampoo replaced during cleaning when it was all used up. The common areas...lobby, business centre, elevators & bathrooms were all excellent. The staff was always pleasant & friendly but when I tried to have a bottle of wine sent to our room on my anniversary I felt I didn't get that" above and beyond" attitude. By no means was anybody rude or unprofessional but I did expect them to help take care of that detail for me. When I came down that morning to ask if I could have a bottle sent up while we were out the staff at the desk informed me I would have to go back to my room and contact dining. This did not work for me as I wanted it to be a little surprise for my husband when we returned from the ball game later that day. The staff then called dining for me but said I would have to speak to them. After waiting on the phone for a while with no answer I gave up. Not once during my time at the front desk did staff wish me a happy anniversary or offer to take care of it for me. It was minor detail but I feel its that kind of extra effort and service that make a place really special. That being said we still had a great time in Chicago and at the Wyndham.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BobHolland-GM, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Speedygee,

Happy anniversary! Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate such a special occasion. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, especially our spacious guestrooms. However, I sincerely apologize for the minor issues you experienced with your room and our staff. Your feedback is extremely valuable and will help us improve our hotel.

Thanks, again! I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Bob Holland

Been to Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront? Share your experiences!