“Excellent value, wonderful location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront

You added Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront to your Saves list
Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   71 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #52 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent value, wonderful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our 4 night stay at Hotel 71. We were in town for a conference and some vacation time. I've been to Chicago several times before and have to say that for the price, the quality of the hotel, and the location, this might be the best place to stay downtown. We will definitely be coming back. Some of the highlights: the staff went above and beyond by accommodating our request to get into our room early. We only asked for 1 hour early but they had it ready for us when we came to leave our luggage there at 10am. That was wonderful and really helped me, as I had a presentation later that day and wanted to get ready in the room. Really loved the view of the river, the bed was super comfortable, and the bathtub was great. Some minor "cons" would be that the bathroom (oddly) has no hooks or bars to hang handtowels or anything at all, near the sink. Felt messy. And no fan in there either. But overall, this place is truly fantastic and I highly recommend it. Oh, room service was pretty good too!

Room Tip: Get a deluxe river view room. And you might consider asking for a room that is farther from the elev...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sshern, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear LittleHunter,

I'm so happy to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your recent stay at Hotel 71. Thank you for choosing our hotel and for leaving us such a great review! I was especially pleased to hear that you found our staff members to be extremely accommodating and that you loved your room and views.

Thank you for your feedback about the guest bathrooms. We will be sure to look into this.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Steve Shern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel can't get any better with the location (right at the crossing from North Michigan Ave and the Loop). And the view from the room down the river is great. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. They let us store our frozen Giordano's pizzas overnight and gave us a room change due to noise from elevator construction. The restaurant by the lobby has good views and friendly staff. Didn't eat there, but had a couple drinks. The room size is above average for the area and price. Nice flat panel television and roomy bathrooms. One downside I noticed was the noise level in the room. You could hear the hallway too much so doors slamming and people in the halls as well as street level noises could make for a restless night. Of the 20 plus different hotels I've stayed in downtown Chicago, this is one I would go back to for the price $100 - $150 per night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear stl_cardinals,

Thank you for choosing Hotel 71 and for the great feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you loved our location in the heart of Downtown Chicago, our views of the Chicago River and spacious guestrooms. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words about our staff to the rest of the team.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Fethiye, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Our first stop in US before setting off on Route 66. Beautifully clean hotel with superb well- trained staff who were always friendly. Great location for touring the city. Hoyts is good for breakfast and a special thanks to Jose for looking after us so well. Would really recommend this hote.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sshern, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear kaptainkrunchy,

Thank you for your great review of Hotel 71! I'm so happy to hear that our hotel and staff members provided you with such a superb experience. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the team, especially Jose in Hoyt's. I'm glad you enjoyed our restaurant and location in Downtown Chicago.

Safe travels as you cross the US! I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

One night stay over for a business trip. From the front desk to the restaurant on site, everyone was friendly and accommodating. Very clean room. Wireless worked well. I would recommend to anyone....lots of restaurants around the hotel as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sshern, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear OregonBob14,

Thanks for choosing Hotel 71 for your business trip! It was great to read all of your positive comments about our staff, guestrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access (great for business travelers like yourself!).

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon. Thank you so much for recommending Hotel 71!

Fort Frances, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed at The Hotel 71 in Chicago from March 8-11, 2013. I did a ton of research before booking this hotel, which I usually do, and let me say I am glad I looked because I may not have found this little gem otherwise. This hotel is in the perfect location, right in the heart of downtown, within walking distance to dining, Millenium Park, and of course The Magnificant Mile. The rooms are beautifully appointed and very spacious especially the bathroom! The view from our room was awesome! I could have stared out the window all day long. The staff was very very friendly and helpful! I reccommend the Valet parking as well, they are quick and efficient and you never have to worry about your vehicle. I think we got this hotel for a steal!! I was expecting to pay well over 200.00 for a hotel in Downtown Chicago over a weekend but we didn't! it was only $420.00 Canadian for three nights an absolute steal in my opinion! I will for sure stay here again! Thanks for the great stay!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Drea2227,

Thank you for choosing Hotel 71 and for leaving us such a wonderful review! We love thinking of our hotel as a "hidden gem!"

I'm glad you enjoyed our location in the heart of Downtown Chicago and our spectacular views of the Chicago River. We're lucky to have some of the largest guestrooms in Chicago.

I'd also like to thank you for all of your positive feedback about our staff and the valet parking staff. It's great to hear that you found everyone to be so friendly and helpful.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Hotel 71 again soon.

Steve Shern

Been to Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront? Share your experiences!